Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma help

Posted By: jimmytimmy87

Texoma help - 11/23/19 07:21 PM

I want to try to go and catch stripers from a kayak. I would like to start somewhere between the islands and the 377 Bridge. I don't want to be on an island so I can have access to my truck if I need to run somewhere around there. (I try not to paddle much further than 1.5 miles from camp/vehicle.) Anybody know some place you can tent camp on the North side of the lake or just anywhere that is kayak friendly in this area? I'm looking to drift structure with dead sticks and cast swimbaits at schooling striper in the mornings and evenings. Thanks!
Posted By: Rbob64

Re: Texoma help - 11/27/19 08:15 PM

Your biggest issue would be wind.. The birds are working wind blown area's with large schools of box fish between 377 and highport. Lot's of starting and starting on these schools. You might be able to launch back in Walnut or Cedar Mills area.. Good luck..
Posted By: formula462

Re: Texoma help - 11/28/19 04:00 AM

Just don't put yourself between the birds and those that run n gun to them, you would not be seen.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Texoma help - 11/28/19 03:40 PM

East Burns Run has a great camping area and plenty of stripers are caught near there.
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Texoma help - 12/03/19 03:49 PM

I have a friend who fishes Burns Run out of a kayak a lot. Does pretty good. Especially right before dark. Kinda protected except for a strong south wind.

Wayne
Posted By: jimmytimmy87

Re: Texoma help - 12/06/19 12:04 AM

Thanks for the help. I think that fishing Texoma for stripers requires a boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum