Texas Fishing Forum

Reports

Posted By: FishWrangler2

Reports - 10/19/19 06:26 AM

Seems like the reports have slowed down...are the fish just not working yet or did everyone decide to pick up their guns? Always heard this can be the best time of year for topwater stripers!
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Reports - 10/19/19 11:08 AM

Heading out tomorrow. Will post report after that.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Reports - 10/19/19 01:42 PM

Water temp is gradually dropping into mid seventies. When it gets into upper 60's top water is good and fishing long underwater sand bars close to deep water with swim baits is awesome .
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Reports - 10/21/19 04:01 AM

Several of us fished today and I kept a running tab of the action. One went to the islands to follow the birds and the schools.

He ended up catching 12-15 fish with the Biggest probably 24-25 inches. He finished at 10:30.

My buddy spent the morning helping a boat in trouble, then went to Platter. He marked plenty of fish but mostly small fish. He went from there to the islands, then met me at Mack Creek then decided to catch more bait and try the dam. He was able to get his limit of overs

I fished by the dam with my buddy and his 4 and 7 year olds. We tried 3 spots by the dam and ended up with 17 little fish and one barely over. They left very excited at 10:30 so we had a couple of other guys one of whom was new to fishing join us, We caught more bait and headed to tabletop. Nothing marking so stopped by a boat show but no love for the thumper. Headed to Mack creek and it looked really dismal. Showed about 3 fish on the panoptix but we decided to give it a 10 minute thumper try. Within 2 min we had tons of fish marking and our first decent box in the boat. We kept fish under us for two hours and picked up two more overs and about 15 decent box fish and a few gut hooked ones. I downsized my circle hooks which helped get way more bites and hookups.

https://youtu.be/QTjWxKYn0VE

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum