Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Sunday

Posted By: Bentman63

Joe Pool Sunday - 09/20/19 02:23 PM

I am going to try to catch some sandies Sunday at JP.

Any advice?

I am more of a crappie fisherman(gonna try for them too)

I have some spoons and some pearly white flukes. and other top water lures
Posted By: mhan

Re: Joe Pool Sunday - 09/20/19 09:01 PM

I chase the sandies every now and then out there. I've never spent a lot of time looking for them on the graph, so can't give you much pointers for trien to catch them suspended. Would just say try your normal sandbass lures and tactics for fishing that way. I normally run around and look for them schooling on top this time of year out there. Any top water will obviosly catch them on top, but you can also throw a Mepps, I use a #4. Also any smaller lurer with a spinner like a road runner in silver, white, or chartreuse will work well too when they're on top. You'll find them early till about 9-9:30, then they"ll start going back down and into deeper water. Look around the shallow flat on the east side, south end of the lynn creek bridge, out off the end of the main lake point, either end of damn, and along north bank from west end of the damn all the way down to lynn creek park.

Re: Joe Pool Sunday - 09/20/19 10:06 PM

Thank You
Posted By: mhan

Re: Joe Pool Sunday - 09/23/19 12:40 AM

You bet! How did it go for you?

Re: Joe Pool Sunday - 09/23/19 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by mhan
You bet! How did it go for you?

Too windy. The wife and I caught a few crappie. Then we went over to look for the humps near the marina. The wind was really bad. we went home..I will try another day
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum