Texas Fishing Forum

Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary

Posted By: Catfanman

Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 03:02 AM

I just bought a Abu Garcia bluemax combo [Linked Image]
at Wal-Mart for around 70 bucks but later at home I noticed that the spool tension knob is missing should I worry about this or is it not really important ?
Posted By: steve_twice

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 03:12 AM

Take it back. You'll want to be able to adjust tension for casting different amounts of weight.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 12:02 PM

You will need that, take it back or ask them to take on off another ABU reel which will probably fit, same knob for blue max, black max, silver max, etc
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 12:56 PM

Two things- you will need that spool cap, and take it back, China Mart owes it to you.

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 01:46 PM

Only problem is that I lost the receipt
Posted By: enjoying retirement

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 04:53 PM

Walmart is pretty good about their returns I have returned things with out the receipt. I have just told them that I lost it I usually just return the item for some thing else or exchanged it for the same item.
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 05:13 PM

Have not seen a Blue Max in awhile for sure, as said get another cover for it 1 drop of oil prior to install on bearing. Just inviting dirt there and losing your tension setting. What Walmart had this? All I have seen in along time are the Black and Silver.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/20/19 08:29 PM

Try HERE

Re: Is a baitcaster spoon tension knob necessary - 08/21/19 04:00 AM

Thanks y'all I took y'alls advice and took it back and they gave me a gift card and I got the Abu black max combo which was cheaper [Linked Image]
© 2019 Texas Fishing Forum