Texas Fishing Forum

Summer Shad

Posted By: RespectTheFish

Summer Shad - 07/31/19 08:09 PM

Put together a video offering some tips on locating, catching, and keeping shad alive in the summer time. Most of you may know "all the secrets" but there were a few things I learned last year and this year that nobody every told me that made it so much easier to locate these fish. I hope this helps others think of where catchable shad may be in their lake that they perhaps haven't thought to look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV2TX0vpil4
Posted By: mwfishin

Re: Summer Shad - 07/31/19 08:25 PM

Great advice Clay. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy your videos.
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: Summer Shad - 07/31/19 11:36 PM

Great tips! thumb
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)

Re: Summer Shad - 08/01/19 07:43 PM

Yea buddy!
Posted By: PBrain

Re: Summer Shad - 08/01/19 08:34 PM

Thanks Clay....keep up the good work! Your videos are fantastic!

Re: Summer Shad - 08/01/19 09:28 PM

I appreciate the feedback you guys!
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Summer Shad - 08/02/19 09:39 PM

Awesome video. Looks like I need to go buy a bait tank and learn to catch shad. Thanks for putting this video together, it’s the most helpful one I’ve seen yet on shad. You do a great job on all of your videos.

Re: Summer Shad - 08/03/19 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by learnin to fish
Awesome video. Looks like I need to go buy a bait tank and learn to catch shad. Thanks for putting this video together, it’s the most helpful one I’ve seen yet on shad. You do a great job on all of your videos.

Glad you found it helpful! Thanks for the feedback. I’m certainly no expert but just eager to share what little I know.

If you invest in a bait tank and the effort of fishing with shad you won’t regret it! It has done so much for my fishing success! I am a firm believer it’s just overall easier to feed hybrids rather than trick them most of the year but a large part of it is angler preference....Yes you can catch them on crank baits and downriggers but after the experience and excitement of shad fishing I took my downriggers off my boat lol. When they are biting artificials via casting or slabbing that’s a blast too and hard to beat but I feel I have spent far more effort trying to trick them into biting rather than just feed them shad. Just my two cents.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum