Texas Fishing Forum

Coop N Hubb Bunch

Posted By: Denny Crane

Coop N Hubb Bunch - 07/28/19 04:44 PM

Anyone have an update on yesterday's success? We're hooked up and can't decide if we hit Lavon or Cooper... not interested in sandies, seeking a pissed off Hybrid in the 5lb and up size..
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 07/28/19 05:04 PM

If you aren't interested in sandies, Cooper is your only option as Lavon doesn't have hybrids.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 07/28/19 09:28 PM

No Hybrids in Lavon except an occasional one washed down from another lake. Going to Cooper this weekend with the Hubbard gang and we will be looking for both species.

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 07/29/19 04:26 PM

We we're on Cooper from 4 - Dark, hit 3 of the 100+ marked humps we knew of and caught all the sandies we wanted.
Saw a Red Triton w/Evinrude that had two kids wearing 'Em out.
3 trailers on the Park ramp and only 7 boats n 1 Jet Ski counted on the lake....

We only caught a few small Hybrid's but did see a few big fish feeding splashes chasing 6" gizzard shad.
So maybe the Hub Team will report back soon.

Water was stained/murky so the bigger 2 Oz. Chart slabs worked fast did best.

DC
Posted By: Frontier190

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 07/30/19 01:22 AM

I was in the boat with the kids

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 08/03/19 06:23 PM

Champion Fish Did the Hubbard Boys ever post their results?

DC
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 08/05/19 06:11 PM

Hey Denny it was sandbass galore Friday and Saturday with our 9 boat Cooper Camp barrage for my dads birthday wknd extravaganza texas with just a few hybrids that were at or around that 18 to 19 in mark. Very scarce from years back! Last year was same except a lot more unders from the 14 in range however not the case this year..
Ladiesman and bro Brad
[Linked Image]
When you don’t have sunblock
[Linked Image]

However is was another awesome time on our lonely Cooper as we camped at beautiful South Sulphur State Park cheers
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 08/05/19 07:00 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 08/05/19 07:50 PM

Thanks for taking time off from cirque du soleil to join us Terry. police

Happy birthday Ray cheer

Cooper got good magnums. FYI. fish
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 08/05/19 11:39 PM

We caught a bunch of fish and had a great time as well. My group put over 300 sandbass in the boat and several Hybrids.

Re: Coop N Hubb Bunch - 08/11/19 02:29 AM

Thanks for the update, we too could've filled the boat with Sand Bass and had 10 or so Hybrids around 15" .
We used my Panoptix and you wouldn't believe how sandbass react to lures, ignore entirely until one grabs it, then 50+ try to take it away then most go back to the bottom and 2 or 3 chase it to the top, so when you see a couple with it, know there are 50+ headed to the bottom...
i'll have to capture a video next time, it's incredible.

-d-
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum