Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma summer action

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Texoma summer action - 07/06/19 08:15 PM

Temperatures are heating up and the stripers are definitely trying to get summer patterns going. Texoma surface temp finally over 80 but fish are really clinging to structures in 15-35’ unless they on the feed. lately I’ve been having better luck with Sassy shad than the slabs on the structure fish .Been some topwater schooling and some Shad chasing going on Problem has been where on what day smile I get asked for for Fish reports quite a lot one I sent the other day was “Get in the boat tie on some topwater then drive around like a mad man til you find splashing and feeding” LOL!! Good times when the stripers are doing it...real grind when they aren’t. As soon as all the shad quit spawning and get in that deep water we should have a real summer bite going on I’m thinking any day. Some eye candy...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/07/19 01:31 AM

Solid post and fish. Good job. thumb

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/09/19 12:50 AM

Past couple of days it has gotten hot out there temperature wise...the fish will bite for a couple hours in the morning and then it gets pretty tough after that. Surface temps 83-85
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/09/19 03:00 PM

NIce Chris!
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/09/19 04:40 PM

Sweet looking fish
Posted By: pop r

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/10/19 12:09 AM

cheers Super job!
Posted By: BROWNING STRONG

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/10/19 01:30 PM

When does top-water action get going good ? Thanks gentlemen

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/10/19 02:50 PM

It’s going good right now if you’re in the right place at the right time unfortunately it’s in a different place almost every day. For example I’m already done and in at the dock we had about an hour of good top water this morning and then it was over and nothing else happened but dinks after that. I keep looking for that deep water slab bite but I’m just not finding it

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/11/19 02:06 PM

Where should I start ? Dam , islands , point by little mineral ?
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/11/19 09:08 PM

Those are some awesome stripers! Are those bigger than average for texoma? I’ve heard it’s full of smaller ones

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/12/19 01:03 PM

Those are medium size . Plenty of striper of all sizes on Texoma.

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/12/19 04:47 PM

Respect the fish those are nice size fish by my standards and I’ve seen a few lol. Texoma has natural reproduction So yes we have lots and lots of smaller fish but eye of the beholder...As far as where to start Mr. Browning I said it’s in a different place every day and that is the truth I know you want a starting point but my report tells you exactly what’s up, choose starting point if they don’t show signs of life by 6am drive around to find them because they’re in a different place every day and that is what is up. Found them from south of Cedar Mills all the way to the dam around the islands Texas flats Mac creek flats tram roads end oil well to sand table top platter etc.It is nowhere near easy unless you are in the right place at the right time after that it’s lots of small fish with an occasional good one.summer time fish like a light switch on or off.

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/12/19 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc/striper express guide service
Respect the fish those are nice size fish by my standards and I’ve seen a few lol. Texoma has natural reproduction So yes we have lots and lots of smaller fish but eye of the beholder...As far as where to start Mr. Browning I said it’s in a different place every day and that is the truth I know you want a starting point but my report tells you exactly what’s up, choose starting point if they don’t show signs of life by 6am drive around to find them because they’re in a different place every day and that is what is up. Found them from south of Cedar Mills all the way to the dam around the islands Texas flats Mac creek flats tram roads end oil well to sand table top platter etc.It is nowhere near easy unless you are in the right place at the right time after that it’s lots of small fish with an occasional good one.summer time fish like a light switch on or off.

Thank you Sir
Posted By: ChrisR

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/16/19 02:16 AM

Thanks for the update Chris...we were out last Wednesday and caught a nice bunch
Of small fish on slabs..wish I read this before as I has sassy and wild eyes tied on before switching
All rods to slabs. Had 3 boys and another dad in the boat so it was fun for all them

Might be back at this Wednesday again..hope to see you on the water

Good luck and tight lines

Chris

Re: Texoma summer action - 07/21/19 02:34 PM

Report is pretty much the same except fish have run deep water few times this week so much fun! Surfacing is happening early and late lots of different places. Boat traffic is up but it’s summertime.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum