Texas Fishing Forum

Live Scope for Sandbass or Stripers

Posted By: Dad2rlkm

Live Scope for Sandbass or Stripers - 07/01/19 07:51 PM

Have any of you used Garmin Live Scope for catching sandbass or stripers? If so I would love to hear from you in regard to how you are using the tool to present lures/bait to them with the live scope. Just itching for a reason to buy this thing. I have a Helix 12 with 360 on the front but Live Scope is a whole different ball game. I have watched several videos of crappie fishing with Live Scope and it is incredible.
Posted By: brennansgrandpa

Re: Live Scope for Sandbass or Stripers - 07/02/19 01:44 AM

Garmin's technology is called Panoptix. You need a Garmin compatible unit and the Panoptix transducer ($1500 additional). Lowrance is coming out with their version and their transducer will be about $1,000. Nothing yet for HB. Like you I have seen the videos, but not seen it in action.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Live Scope for Sandbass or Stripers - 07/02/19 02:13 AM

Livescope is amazing. From a lite presentation standpoint you can literally drop your lure and watch it fall and drop it at the exact depth you want it at. You can see how fish react and if they bite it, ignore it or run away. You can also adjust your lure if you see fish swimming toward it that are shallower or deeper. It’s like fishing in an aquarium, you can see exactly what is happening!
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: Live Scope for Sandbass or Stripers - 07/02/19 03:10 AM

Buy it and I'll guarantee you won't regret it. Promise!
We used mine on Texoma over 75 ft river channel fish were stacked at 55ft. no trying to count pulls, and I guarantee you'll think you 're at 55 and you'll be 5 - 10 ft higher or lower, it's a ridiculous Fishing Game, the biggest problem is keeping your buddies from around it.
If you drop a white slab down on their heads and they swim away or up to it and turn away, you can immediately drop down a chart, or smaller bait and see how they react until you nail it.

You can hold a bait to a foot or move it over to a fish and when you see them coming, reel up or push your button and be right where they are.

Put it on Down not forward and you'll see them from 50 ft+ in any direction.

It's RIDICULOUS. You won't be able to fish without it.... PROMISE.
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Live Scope for Sandbass or Stripers - 07/02/19 05:22 PM

Not much to add to that. I love mine. Like stated above you can watch the fish slam your bait.

Attached picture IMG_3183.PNG
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum