Texas Fishing Forum

Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament

Posted By: KEGracing

Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 06/30/19 10:21 PM

How did it go? How many fishermen and were they biting?
Wish I could have been there to support... maybe next year.

Ken
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 01:05 AM

Working on report.

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 12:07 PM

Results

ADULT
1st - Blake Sanders - 5.28 lbs - $650.00
2nd - Boyd Parker - 5.08 lbs - $390.00
3rd - Richard Bookout - 5.02 lbs - $260.00

Elizabeth Murphy tied for 3rd at 5.02 pounds but was not at results so Richard Bookout took the full $260.00.

Big Fish - Jack Bookout - 1.32 lbs - $100.00

KID's
1st - Lincoln Bookout - 5.27 lbs
2nd - Max Boyer - 3.53 lbs
3rd - Reece Boyer - 2.35 lbs

Big Fish - Lincoln Bookout - 1.34 lbs

We had 70 registered adults and 5 kids.

We will post results of $ raised for vets as soon as we have it. Thanks to all who participated in any way in the tournament. It was a great success for a 1st attempt. Dennis

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 12:08 PM

I'll post some pics later.
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 12:38 PM

Great tournament Dennis we had a blast and caught a bunch of fish .
We look forward to next one great job.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 12:42 PM

Great job with the 1st, DC. We had a great time. From what I saw, everyone there were winners. Fun times meet and greet and successful fundraiser for our CC vets. texas

From my camera.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 01:26 PM

Thanks for posting pics. We are waiting for final tally but it looks like the auction raised over $3000 for our veterans in need. Thanks to all who donated and bid!!! I'll post official number when I get it.
Posted By: Double Dee

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 02:39 PM

Thank you Dennis for putting this on for the Veterans. Good turnout for your first tourney.

Way to go Max and Reece! Boyer boys ROCK!
Posted By: Book

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 03:25 PM

Thanks for putting on a great tournament on a great lake! We will be back next year for sure! We caught all our fish using the Mepps technique and the map Dennis posted ... thank you Dennis! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Brett Fishes

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 03:52 PM

Dennis and Team!

What a great time on the water! It was great meeting a few folks on here! Great weather, great fishing, great people, and dad got Second on his Birthday! Well done and next year should be even better!

Thanks again for everyone's effort! - Brett Parker

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/01/19 04:30 PM

OK, the official $ raised through the auction was $3040. Thank you all again for participating - bidders and donors! I want to say a special thank you to George (Fastguy) Malik. He not only handled our weigh-in process and helped with other tournament planning and preparation, but he was willing to add a 2nd teaching trip and got $400 each for them. He alone brought in $800 of our $3040 to help our vets in need. George, your generosity is exceeded only by your ability to catch fish!!!

We are still calculating net proceeds from the fishing registration fees since some of the expenses have not been turned in. We'll add this number as soon as we have it.

In the category of "I wish I had said this at the auction", Chris Richardson of Lake Livingston Adventures Guide Service not only raised $230 by donating a 1/2 day guide trip, I failed to mention that he also volunteered to take out a party of veterans to fish the tournament with no cost to the vets - he volunteered to even pay their entry fees. Chris, you have set the bar high for Texas guides with this level of generosity and help for veterans! We can't thank you enough.

To all donors or would be donors and to all bidders, I want you to know how thankful we are. The entry fees for fishing participants are more than enough to cover tournament expenses (cash prizes, trophies and plaques, kids prizes, lunch, Log Cabin facility rental, polygraph tests, etc. {but nothing to CCVF or volunteer salaries - they donate their time and efforts)), so 100% of the money raised from the donated auction items goes to the Cedar Creek Veterans Foundation charities ( Fisher House, Hope For The Warriors and Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society). Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/02/19 12:36 AM

Sounds like well ran event and for a great cause. Congrats to the winners!
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/02/19 01:08 AM

[url=https://postimg.cc/G42dZsH0][Linked Image]

Boyer boys had a blast as usual cheers Congratulations on a great cause and turnout !!! And big thank you to Mr. ThreeseasGreg and buddy plus Bryan Nims and son for being in EAR SHOT of some tunes coming outta the Skeeter juke box rock and not calling the cops on us police breakdance Fastguy George Rocks !!!! Great seeing you sir and a huge thanks to Seapro Todd for joining us clap Can’t wait to fish with Mr Chris Richardson!!!!
Posted By: etu

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/02/19 02:55 AM

Sounds like a classic in the making! Sorry I missed it bit looking forward to future tourneys and get togethers. Awesome work everyone.
Posted By: 4x4

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/02/19 05:25 PM

Thanks DC, for all your hard work putting together the first annual sand bass tourament on CC for a great cause. It was alot of fun , we caught lots of fish on #4 Mepps and slabs. All of our fish were caught in 24 to 26 fow. See you next year !

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/02/19 05:58 PM

Thanks for the kind feedback. I guided for grandson Sam but fished along side him. We caught lots of white bass (146) but Sam's biggest was 14.5 inches. I know there are some 15 and 16 inch fish out there (I caught a couple of 15 inchers) but we just couldn't find many. We fished from the dam to Enchanted Isle Ridge and many spots in between. I applaud the winners who somehow found some big ones. Eye-balling them at weigh-in I'm sure the biggest fish were in the 16 inch range.Most of ours were caught in 12 to 20 fow.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/04/19 02:39 PM

Very nice Dennis!
Posted By: fastguy�

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/04/19 03:02 PM

Dennis, thanks for the kind words, it is always a good thing to help out for a good cause.

Re: Results of Cedar Creek white bass tournament - 07/17/19 03:41 AM

Here are updated final results:

Winners

ADULT
1st - Blake Sanders - 5.28 lbs - $650.00
2nd - Boyd Parker - 5.08 lbs - $390.00
3rd - Richard Bookout - 5.02 lbs - $260.00

Elizabeth Murphy tied for 3rd at 5.02 pounds but was not at results so Richard Bookout took the full $260.00.

Big Fish - Jack Bookout - 1.32 lbs - $100.00

KID's
1st - Lincoln Bookout - 5.27 lbs
2nd - Max Boyer - 3.53 lbs
3rd - Reece Boyer - 2.35 lbs

Big Fish - Lincoln Bookout - 1.34 lbs

We had 67 registered adults and 6 kids.

We raised just over $3000 - all to help our veterans. Not bad for our 1st try. THANK YOU to all who participated in some way!!!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum