Texas Fishing Forum

RC 6/13

Posted By: enjoying retirement

RC 6/13 - 06/14/19 05:44 PM

Launched at 309 fished the flats no luck went to the wind sock, then to fishermans point, then to firguson point all with no luck in catching anything. I then went over to pelican island there were a couple of guide boats using live bait they were catching some fish every no and then. I tried but again no luck went to leave when my graph showed several fish. Dropped a slab and caught a white bass almost as soon as it hit the bottom that was the only one. Since I do not fish with live bait the next best thing is trolling so I tried that and with in 50 feet almost had my fishing pole pulled out of my hands I caught two hybrids one was a keeper the other was undersized. I caught several hybrids and a couple of sand bass then it seemed to stop. So I went back to firguson point this time my graph showed several areas of fish but they all had lock jaw so I went back to pelican island and trolled again. Did not catch any more hybrids but was catching sand bass. I was fishing in 35 to 43 fow. All the sand bass I caught were good size did not catch alot of sand bass came off of the lake with 10.
Posted By: mwfishin

Re: RC 6/13 - 06/14/19 07:46 PM

Great report, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: RC 6/13 - 06/14/19 08:41 PM

If you don’t mind me asking, how were you fishing when you weren’t trolling? I couldn’t buy a bite slabbing at Joe Pool, but casting a tail spinner past them and bring it back thru them worked great. Kinda like Dennis Christian fishes the Mepps.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: RC 6/13 - 06/15/19 04:19 AM

Nice post! cheers
Posted By: enjoying retirement

Re: RC 6/13 - 06/15/19 03:36 PM

I was using a little george
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum