Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Travis stripers/sandbass?

Posted By: fivebites

Lake Travis stripers/sandbass? - 06/09/19 10:50 PM

What is the striper and sandbass population like at Travis? I've fished it 10 or 11 times and caught lots of lmb and guads but have never caught a sandbass or striper. Never even seen them schooling.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Lake Travis stripers/sandbass? - 06/12/19 12:51 PM

One of these days I'd like to get on that lake and check it out. Never have been.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Lake Travis stripers/sandbass? - 06/12/19 01:47 PM

There are some big Striper on Travis. Shad is hard to catch. Have a couple of friends that fishes Travis often and they catch double D's on the reg.
Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Re: Lake Travis stripers/sandbass? - 06/12/19 07:30 PM

I only catch whites on accident while crappie fishing. Usually at night on docks with underwater lights.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Lake Travis stripers/sandbass? - 06/13/19 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by BrandoA
There are some big Striper on Travis. Shad is hard to catch. Have a couple of friends that fishes Travis often and they catch double D's on the reg.

I'd be interested to know what part of the lake they're on Brando. I've never seen any signs of them. No diving birds or schooling activity. I fish mainly from Jonestown area up to Cow Creek. Occasionally I'll run up to Paleface area. I've graphed large schools of fish that I thought were sandies, but ended up being talapia.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Lake Travis stripers/sandbass? - 06/13/19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Originally Posted by BrandoA

I'd be interested to know what part of the lake they're on Brando. I've never seen any signs of them. No diving birds or schooling activity. I fish mainly from Jonestown area up to Cow Creek. Occasionally I'll run up to Paleface area. I've graphed large schools of fish that I thought were sandies, but ended up being talapia.

From what I gather they hit the points and ridges around "sometime" Islands and Hippie Hollow. Lot of night fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum