Texas Fishing Forum

Granbury Help June 8

Posted By: csmithag95

Granbury Help June 8 - 05/30/19 06:23 PM

Hey guys my best buddy is having a bachelors party June 8 down at DeCordova Bend. He wants to fish at night for hybrids / sand bass. We fish lighted docks at cedar creek and kill em doing this. Any advice for finding good stretches of lighted docks at Granbury that might hold some fish at night? Looks like we will be in the south part of the lake. Thanks.
Posted By: G Love

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 05/30/19 07:17 PM

There are some lights there that hold fish but I never did near as well as I would at PK or Eagle Mountain. Others might chime in that have had great luck there. Good luck!
Posted By: sliding by

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 05/30/19 07:26 PM

There has been nothing in my light or neighbors this year so far. Pretty sure it is because of the muddy water and I suspect that we have lost a bunch of fish through the dam over the last year. Had a bunch last year up until the flood happened.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 05/30/19 07:35 PM

There has been nothing in my light or neighbors this year so far. Pretty sure it is because of the muddy water and I suspect that we have lost a bunch of fish through the dam over the last year. Had a bunch last year up until the flood happened.
Posted By: Squiddy

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 05/30/19 08:23 PM

Things have been really slow lately, but hopefully everything should clear up by then. I live in DCBE, and have been having a little luck from the AMUD intake to the deCordova power plant right on the edge of the channel (both sides). I mainly fish in the mornings just after dawn though. I use shad I net at the marina.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 05/30/19 09:41 PM

Thanks all. We will have a good time no matter what, but I hope I can find a few good lights holding fish. I know how to catch em once I find the right kind, but having never been there before I'd love to know there are some good stretches of lights before we head out.
Posted By: Czechster

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 05/31/19 08:46 PM

Granbury will be nothing like Cedar Creek night fishing. Be sure follow the markers heading up river (to the right) out of DeCordova. A lot of trees that direction. There has been a lot of debris in the water. Be cautious and good luck!
Posted By: mwacosta

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/02/19 04:36 PM

My PK trip cancelled and was able to scout Granbury this morning June 2nd after the rain. There is some clear water close to dam. I caught 6 stripers this am... Catch and release. Here are pics of two. They were releasing a bunch of water. Hopefully there will remain some clear water. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/03/19 09:22 PM

Are you saying that the same types of fishing isn't available on the lighted docks?
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/04/19 12:46 PM

Be very careful out there. I was on the lake Saturday and there is some huge debris floating through there right now. Honestly I'd be afraid to run there at night with it like that.
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/04/19 12:49 PM

Agree 100%. I live on the lake and debris is everywhere. Right now, they’re releasing 25,000cfs

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/04/19 11:21 PM

Well you guys are making me nervous, I'm gettting down there in the afternoon to look around and fish a little. If it looks bad we will just stay on the trolling motor close to home cove. Maybe flip docks for a few bass.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/06/19 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by csmithag95
Well you guys are making me nervous, I'm gettting down there in the afternoon to look around and fish a little. If it looks bad we will just stay on the trolling motor close to home cove. Maybe flip docks for a few bass.

Well, have you had any luck in the chocolate milk?

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/06/19 09:05 PM

We aren't down until Saturday. Is it still chocolate milk? Are they still letting water out?

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/07/19 01:40 AM

Hood county just declared a disaster declaration for expected flooding due to PK opening a third floodgate. North end of Lake Granbury in the Horseshoe Bend area expected to flood out.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/07/19 08:42 PM

anyone have any photos of this area? I'm thinking now I'm not even launching my boat.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/09/19 05:07 PM

UPDATE: We survived Granbury Armageddon 2019! I put in at deCordova during the evening, and yes there was a good bit of small debris. I took it easy. The water was muddier than I like for night time dock fishing, but no one told the fish that. We got tons of bites, mostly small fish, had one big something pull off, and landed a few largemouth, too. There were 5-6 docks that were holding fish and were easy to get to so we made 2-3 trips to each in a milk run and got bit every time. Thanks for all who chimed in. We DID see some really big stuff up against some of the docks on the south end, and there were lots of boaters out yesterday and today. Yall be safe.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/10/19 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by csmithag95
UPDATE: We survived Granbury Armageddon 2019! I put in at deCordova during the evening, and yes there was a good bit of small debris. I took it easy. The water was muddier than I like for night time dock fishing, but no one told the fish that. We got tons of bites, mostly small fish, had one big something pull off, and landed a few largemouth, too. There were 5-6 docks that were holding fish and were easy to get to so we made 2-3 trips to each in a milk run and got bit every time. Thanks for all who chimed in. We DID see some really big stuff up against some of the docks on the south end, and there were lots of boaters out yesterday and today. Yall be safe.

How far up the lake did you make it. I stayed out on the dock to around midnight hoping to run into you.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/10/19 10:29 PM

We only went south from de Cordova Bend Marina. We saw one gentleman on his dock catching sand bass down past the power plant, maybe you saw us. I'm in a white Legend.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/11/19 01:02 AM

I am directly across from the power plant water tower. I have the underwater green lights.
Posted By: ArlingtonTroy

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/11/19 01:49 AM

Sliding,

Have you noticed any difference with your green lights as compared to other docks you have fished (or if you had regular lights previously)? I have been looking at getting them for our dock but not sure if A: underwater is better B: if green makes a big difference.

Re: Granbury Help June 8 - 06/11/19 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTroy
Sliding,

Have you noticed any difference with your green lights as compared to other docks you have fished (or if you had regular lights previously)? I have been looking at getting them for our dock but not sure if A: underwater is better B: if green makes a big difference.

The thing about underwater is that the light is isolated to the diameter that it gives off compared to say halogen that has a wider broadcast area. I like the green lights because they make the water look pretty cool, especially on calm nights. When the water is clear and calm, it looks like an aquarium. There are nights that I will spend hours just sitting and watching what comes in.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum