Texas Fishing Forum

>>>Going to fish Tawakoni in Kayak<<<

Posted By: Craig Teal

>>>Going to fish Tawakoni in Kayak<<< - 05/22/19 08:52 PM

Headed to Tawakoni for the first time and staying at Wind Point RV water front spot for about 5 days. Going to have my Hobie PA 14 Kayak with me and try to do some serious fishing. Question is will the Sandbass, Hybrids and Stripers still be in the upper end of the lake around Wind Point area? I'll also fish for Catfish. I'm a equal opportunity fisherman. The tug is the drug. Thanks for any info or opinions.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: >>>Going to fish Tawakoni in Kayak<<< - 05/22/19 08:57 PM

This time of year, I'd fish points, humps and ridges.
The holiday humps or nearby points. There's a long ridge that runs out into the lake from the Dallas pump station. It should have some fish on it.

1/2 oz. slabs in chrome or chartreuse should get bit. Sweep 'em sideways off the bottom.
Posted By: beltonbill

Re: >>>Going to fish Tawakoni in Kayak<<< - 05/23/19 12:32 PM

Be careful of the wind. The waves can be overwhelming even in a big boat.
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: >>>Going to fish Tawakoni in Kayak<<< - 05/23/19 04:54 PM

Wind point park is an awesome place to camp and stay. Fishing for cat fish in shallow water up there should be awesome. I was bank fishing for cat fish there about 3 weeks ago when a school of sand bass came up too the boat ramp chasing bait. I caught 30-40 before losing my little George to the rocks. May have to launch by 2 mile bridge and get to some points and humps. Waves on that lake are rough. So just pick the right day to really get out in big water.
Posted By: Craig Teal

Re: >>>Going to fish Tawakoni in Kayak<<< - 05/23/19 07:32 PM

Thanks everyone for the help/info. Looking forward to the R&R and Fishing!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum