Texas Fishing Forum

Want to find sandbass???

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Want to find sandbass??? - 05/16/19 01:54 AM

Get a livescope. I was looking for Crappie when I found these.

Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Want to find sandbass??? - 05/16/19 02:09 AM

Amazing!
Posted By: gborg

Re: Want to find sandbass??? - 05/16/19 02:38 PM

Are you saying they would not have been seen with conventional down scan and or 2d sonar ?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Want to find sandbass??? - 05/16/19 03:20 PM

Livescope is pretty neat, but the jury is still out with me as to whether it would be worth it. I may be missing something, but if the fish are under the boat, you will still see them on 2d. I will have to fish with someone with it before I make my mind up about it.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Want to find sandbass??? - 05/16/19 05:30 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Want to find sandbass??? - 05/16/19 07:28 PM

What I like about panoptix is that you can see how the fish react to your lure (do they chase it, ignore it or run away). You can also see the exact depth of your lure in relation to the fish so I really like that aspect. Also mine swivels so I can see exactly where fish are in relation to the boat and my lures...
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Want to find sandbass??? - 05/18/19 04:06 PM

I highly recommend you go out with someone with livescope before buying. I have Taken three teaching trips so far this spring and all three immediately visited David at Shut-Up-And- Fish and ordered one.

You would be able to see these fish on regular sonar. There were so many fish there you really didn't to need to see much. It's just a blast to be able to see the fish react to the bait and be able to talk them into hitting. With the livescope you are also able to tell what kind of fish they are a lot of the time.

Posted By: gborg

Re: Want to find sandbass??? - 05/18/19 04:31 PM

It is an awesome piece of modern day technology . I like a lot of Lowrance owners are anticipating a plausible plug n play . However, Garmin appears to be leading the way, and the clarity will only improve with time and the level of competition .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum