Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Resorts

Posted By: Holzer

Texoma Resorts - 05/15/19 03:09 PM

Do you have a "wife approved" resort that is fisherman friendly or that you like to go to?
I've stayed at a couple on the West side. I'm fine with them because all I needed was a shower and bed. But with this trip I might need a little more "fluff" in the event wife and daughter want to make the trip with my son and I in late May early June.

I was looking at Tanglewood. But haven't really dived into it yet.
Pink fluffy slippers and complimentary cucumber slices for my eyes in the morning is a plus...
Posted By: Allan W

Re: Texoma Resorts - 05/15/19 04:27 PM

Flowing Wells marina has some nice cabins on the water.They are located in the back of big mineral. Little pricey but good access.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Texoma Resorts - 05/15/19 04:37 PM

I have stayed at Tanglewood many times and it is nice, plus it's right next door to Highport.
Posted By: cellis

Re: Texoma Resorts - 05/15/19 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by SteveStrasemeier
I have stayed at Tanglewood many times and it is nice, plus it's right next door to Highport.

^^

Re: Texoma Resorts - 05/15/19 08:28 PM

Do you launch out of Highport or does Tanglewood have a ramp?
I see that they have a marina, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have a ramp.

Sitting here thinking about it, I've never turned the corner coming out of Highport to go on the side of the cove where Tanglewood is located. Other than North of the 70 bridge, I thought that I've seen them all. Guess there is still some water to explore on the big pond cyclop

Re: Texoma Resorts - 05/15/19 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Allan W
Flowing Wells marina has some nice cabins on the water.They are located in the back of big mineral. Little pricey but good access.

Thanks
I'll check them out.
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Texoma Resorts - 05/15/19 10:16 PM

As far as I know Tanglewood does not have a ramp or a marina. Highport extends around Tanglewood and is the only Marina in that area.
Highport is right there and they have covered slips for rent.

All of the docks in this pic are Highport, Tanglewood resort is in the bottom center.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum