Texas Fishing Forum

Lake PK

Posted By: bcbeyer56

Lake PK - 04/24/19 08:25 PM

I will be back at it again this weekend. Did y’all get a lot of rain? Is the lake very muddy? Useually fish around Castillo island. Any info is greatly appreciated
Posted By: PK-Russ

Re: Lake PK - 04/25/19 02:32 AM

I don’t know about clarity but the lake did get 3-5” this week. Gates are open.
Posted By: secjcc

Re: Lake PK - 04/25/19 11:53 AM

Last Saturday the water around Castillo Island was VERY stained..............and we got rain yesterday but I don't know about PK, I'm just northwest of Ft. Worth
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Lake PK - 04/25/19 02:50 PM

I am at the lake right now. The creeks running into Neely Slough are running brown water but the main part of the slough is just stained. Water was almost up to the HWY 16 bridge when I crossed it yesterday. With more big thunderstorms forecasted for west Texas next week it looks like it will be a while before the lake clears. It's been my experience the lake fishing is very tough when the water is stained.

I'm sure the water is stained up lake but have not checked yet.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake PK - 04/25/19 07:40 PM

It is not stained , but muddy !!
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Lake PK - 04/26/19 06:11 AM

Water is good mid lake and fishing is great.
Top waters are working along with bait pulled under balloons real shallow.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Lake PK - 04/26/19 02:01 PM

I fished last night. All the small creeks are running clear water in now downlake. Even saw a massive waterfall coming off gaines bend going into the lake. West Texas thinks it's a paradise if it gets 60 inches of rain a year. ( ha ha) We got 5 inches in a single day so it was an extreme event.

Starting to see sand bass schooling. Water was 70 degrees in the slough. I caught a nice box of crappie at dusk. I assume all the stripers are up the river spawning.
Posted By: Curtis L

Re: Lake PK - 05/06/19 12:54 AM

I was out there today cruised most of the lake. Nice and clear water where I went. Caught plenty of Sand Bass from bass island to rattle snake point
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum