Texas Fishing Forum

Early spawn Texoma

Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Early spawn Texoma - 03/29/19 06:58 PM

Our fish have always spawned in waves but they are in full on spawn early this year. Lots of fish are running on the flats I’m sure trying to go through the motions as the muddy rivers are keeping some away. Water temps up in the 50’s...Using all different kinds of brands but mainly 5 and 6 inch swim baits on Lead heads,darker colors have seem to be working better as the water is stained and if you go north or east use the normal whites and chartreuse type in the Clearwater. Mt pockets,reaxion,fish eye,And several custom guys I appreciate everyone of you. Also got to give shout out to Six Gill fishing some of these rods and reels they make are so awesome it’s hard to believe how light and powerful they are
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Water01

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 03/29/19 07:24 PM

I'm excited to come up next week
Posted By: JB in Ft Worth

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 03/30/19 03:09 AM

If you were limited to staying west of Preston Point, are there some specific areas you would target? I will be up there tomorrow, but only have a few hours and would rather not drive clear across the lake. Maybe it would be worthwhile to trailer my boat to the east side. I normally put in at Big Mineral.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 03/30/19 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by chrisc/striper express guide service
Our fish have always spawned in waves but they are in full on spawn early this year. Lots of fish are running on the flats I’m sure trying to go through the motions as the muddy rivers are keeping some away. Water temps up in the 50’s...Using all different kinds of brands but mainly 5 and 6 inch swim baits on Lead heads,darker colors have seem to be working better as the water is stained and if you go north or east use the normal whites and chartreuse type in the Clearwater. Mt pockets,reaxion,fish eye,And several custom guys I appreciate everyone of you. Also got to give shout out to Six Gill fishing some of these rods and reels they make are so awesome it’s hard to believe how light and powerful they are
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sweet pescado pics! cheers
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 03/30/19 07:13 AM

Great pics Chris. As always, you are on some major fish.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 03/31/19 02:52 AM

Beasts! cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 03/31/19 02:59 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 04/01/19 09:45 PM

Fish are moving around alot had to go north a bit today
Posted By: Gray_Ghost9

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 04/02/19 12:14 PM

Nice fish, I have not been on Texoma in a few years and hope to get up there this spring.
Posted By: Water01

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 04/04/19 11:44 PM

What's the outlook for Saturday morning Chris

Re: Early spawn Texoma - 04/05/19 07:22 PM

It looks pretty turbulent but hopefully we can get the morning trips pulled off
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum