Texas Fishing Forum

Where to fish this weekend?

Posted By: FishnDenton

Where to fish this weekend? - 03/29/19 12:55 AM

I live in Denton. I usually fish Ray Roberts. This weekend is looking really windy and I only have a 16 foot tracker pro 160. I really want to fish for whites or crappie. I am willing to travel 3 hours east or west if you can give me good info on where to catch that's not windy. I have a Lawrence elite 5ti on the console and a lowrance hook 7 on the deck. I also i have 2 seats available if that helps. It's a small boat but I have had 5 people on it before.

Thanks in advance!

FishinDenton
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Where to fish this weekend? - 03/29/19 01:16 AM

Launch at Marshall creek at grapevine and stay in the creek vs the main lake. You should be able to find fish spawning in the creek. Trophy Club park has a ramp but don’t speed through the neighborhood...
Posted By: Bassman_78

Re: Where to fish this weekend? - 03/29/19 03:49 AM

Definitely not Tawakoni on Saturday. I second the thought of launching at Marshall if you stay nearby. Both are up that creek.
Posted By: Jhibbard

Re: Where to fish this weekend? - 03/29/19 09:09 PM

Trophy club park closed Saturday and Sunday morning this weekend.
Posted By: ninglu86

Re: Where to fish this weekend? - 03/31/19 02:06 AM

pretty cold ... anybody make it out? How do you guys feel about fishing during cold fronts?
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Where to fish this weekend? - 03/31/19 02:40 AM

I tried fishing Rowlett Creek this morning from Lakes of Springfield park.
Fished 3 hours with small rooster tail or kastmaster spoon.
I could not get a single bite.
Plan on going out tomorrow afternoon/evening after wind starts to die down.
Had some idea where to find fish when the weather was 70+, hopefully I can find some tomorrow.

Re: Where to fish this weekend? - 03/31/19 11:46 AM

Fished Denton creek from the bank yesterday and caught 14 white bass. Taking the boat out there today. Hopefully I can get farther up stream.

Re: Where to fish this weekend? - 04/01/19 01:52 AM

[Linked Image]

Ended up with 23 keepers threw back 15 or so small ones. Good day for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum