Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video)

Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 01:20 PM

Hi:
This is the 2nd Garmin Livescope video I'm doing for Whitebass. This time, it was at Lake Buchanan. We spent a lot of time watching the screen, seeing what the fish were doing to our jigs. You can learn alot by just watching. We brought it over 50 on a post cold front day. But as you can see from the video, there was alot of activity on the lures. I've tried to minimize the thumping sounds; but it's such an important part of attracting the Whitebass, it's still annoying. But as Tyson said once: "I'd rather be loud and successful than quiet and fail.". OK, I just made that up, but sure sounded legit! smile Enjoy the video.
Tim

Posted By: beltonbill

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 01:37 PM

Great video. You should get Garmin to sponsor you.

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by beltonbill
Great video. You should get Garmin to sponsor you.

Bill, thanks! Yeah no kidding. I'm a big fan of this technology, that's for sure! I'm glad you enjoyed the video.
Tim
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 02:08 PM

Thanks for the video, very informative.

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Thanks for the video, very informative.

Thanks. It's very addictive watching fish on a lure; almost like watching waves on the beach. Not looking for anything specific, just watching! Thanks for your support.
Tim
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 06:33 PM

Very cool! Has it helped you locate more fish or catch more fish if compared to a trip with just your Lowrance units?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 07:51 PM

Great video.
Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 09:28 PM

Great information and video Tim. Amazing how picky these fish can be. I have see other livescope videos with people setting the hook on these fish without even feeling a bite. Makes me wonder how many fish I lose out on each trip!
Matt

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by BendaRod(WC)
Very cool! Has it helped you locate more fish or catch more fish if compared to a trip with just your Lowrance units?

Great question. It gets us to fish much quicker. I'm able to pan the livescope 360 degrees so seeing fish 150 out in a direction helps us get to them. Then seeing the quantity and exact depth then seeing your lure to their face helps too.

It's still work to entice the bite...
Tim

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Harleyrockstar
Great information and video Tim. Amazing how picky these fish can be. I have see other livescope videos with people setting the hook on these fish without even feeling a bite. Makes me wonder how many fish I lose out on each trip!
Matt

Matt, good point. But what we don't know won't hurt us either. Ha. Did you get out on Sat?
Tim

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/03/19 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by CHAMPION FISH
Great video.

Thanks. I'm really enjoying the cool tool. Tim
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/04/19 12:12 AM

Very good stuff for learning! Yall were spotlocked? Can you do one while drifting .5mph? Thanks!

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/04/19 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by SeaPro-Todd
Very good stuff for learning! Yall were spotlocked? Can you do one while drifting .5mph? Thanks!

Yes, we spotlock. We've also drifted around .5mph. As long as you thump, they'll stay with you. Tim

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/04/19 12:52 AM

Thanks Tim. Did the catch to miss rate improve with drifting? Did yall feel the bites better while drifting vs spotlock?

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/04/19 02:21 AM

Thanks Tim. Did the catch to miss rate improve with drifting? Did yall feel the bites better while drifting vs spotlock?

Movement in the horizontal direction definitely is a better way to get a bite instead of vertical; but it's hard to control the boat position while drifting because the lures lag behind the boat a little bit, so it wasn't done much. So much easier to spot lock.
Tim
Posted By: csmithag95

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/07/19 11:56 PM

Thanks for this. I am confused by Garmin's product line. Can you list out what I would need if I want to set this up with something compatible to a 12" screen? I see they have a ton of options and their website isn't very good.

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/08/19 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by csmithag95
Thanks for this. I am confused by Garmin's product line. Can you list out what I would need if I want to set this up with something compatible to a 12" screen? I see they have a ton of options and their website isn't very good.

I'm no expert. I know that the Echomap and GPSmap series are for sure compatible. But, I agree their product offering is confusing. You may want to get on the Livescope Facebook page. I think Garmin people are on that one to help with these types of questions.
good luck,
Tim
Posted By: gborg

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/08/19 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Skunked Again Fishing

Movement in the horizontal direction definitely is a better way to get a bite instead of vertical; but it's hard to control the boat position while drifting because the lures lag behind the boat a little bit, so it wasn't done much. So much easier to spot lock.
Tim

Try a tandem set up Tim, a one ounce jig with a half ounce jig on terminal end of a three foot tag line , u will be amazed of the amount of fish caught.

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/08/19 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by gborg

Tim

Try a tandem set up Tim, a one ounce jig with a half ounce jig on terminal end of a three foot tag line , u will be amazed of the amount of fish caught.

That's new to me. I'll have to try that sometime.
Tim
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/08/19 02:04 PM

Thanks for the great video!

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/10/19 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Christian
Thanks for the great video!

Thanks Dennis. As you saw on the video; everybody crowded around the Garmin to fish; so I've now decided on getting another for the front so we can share Livescope video and spread out a little on the boat.

By the way, I was at Decker yesterday fishing for Hybrids, and I watched your video on the Mepps technique. Tried it and they were not interested in anything yesterday; but I'll have that rig ready to go anytime on the boat now.
Tim
Posted By: beltonbill

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/10/19 01:51 PM

Bob installed a WiFi enabled tablet in the front of his boat with a WiFi connection to the Garmin. Both ends of the boat can watch the action.

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/10/19 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by beltonbill
Bob installed a WiFi enabled tablet in the front of his boat with a WiFi connection to the Garmin. Both ends of the boat can watch the action.

Unfortunately, I have the EchoMap, which doesn't have the wife feature.
Tim
Posted By: D Miner

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/10/19 07:40 PM

Very cool. Thank you for making that video and sharing it with us.
Posted By: G Love

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/14/19 09:19 PM

Very cool!

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/14/19 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by G Love
Very cool!

Thanks. We'll do the same for strippers at Texoma this weekend.
Tim

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/14/19 11:52 PM

Very cool!

Tim

Live strippers? OMG frkazoid

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/14/19 11:54 PM

Very cool!

Tim

Live strippers? OMG frkazoid

Doh, the wife sees this and I'm doing yard work instead of hooking stripers this weekend....
Tim
Posted By: MightyMas

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/15/19 03:40 AM

Had no idea technology like this existed yet! What an awesome tool, I'd have just as much fun watching them as catching! Always wondered what they were up to when you seen plenty of marks on the screen with no strikes

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/18/19 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by MightyMas
Had no idea technology like this existed yet! What an awesome tool, I'd have just as much fun watching them as catching! Always wondered what they were up to when you seen plenty of marks on the screen with no strikes

You see that there's plenty of activity on your lures, which we're blind to. Maybe that's better, and less frustrating. I'd say, the interested looker to hit rate is probably ten percent. Then the catch to hit rate is thirty percent. So we catch about three percent of the interested fish. Hum....
Tim
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/18/19 02:19 PM

We fished LiveScope this weekend for stripers/white bass. It is absolutely a game changer and a must have for striper fishermen. We found fish in 35 feet of water up to around 20 feet of water in the trees. It was crazy watching the white bass move around whenever we dropped in the jigs. You could easily tell when the stripers moved in as the reflection was much brighter. They seemed to be loaners yesterday and were just cruising around but finicky. I'll definitely be putting it on my boat soon

Re: Garmin Livescope Whitebass Behavior Lake Buchanan this weekend (Video) - 03/19/19 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Patrnflyr
We fished LiveScope this weekend for stripers/white bass. It is absolutely a game changer and a must have for striper fishermen. We found fish in 35 feet of water up to around 20 feet of water in the trees. It was crazy watching the white bass move around whenever we dropped in the jigs. You could easily tell when the stripers moved in as the reflection was much brighter. They seemed to be loaners yesterday and were just cruising around but finicky. I'll definitely be putting it on my boat soon

Good feedback. I felt the same finding hybrids. Enticing the bite will be the next challenge.
Tim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum