Texas Fishing Forum

Tawak

Posted By: FujiFish47

Tawak - 02/28/19 02:09 AM

Anyone on here fished there for Stripers or Hybrids lately?
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Tawak - 02/28/19 03:42 AM

yup have done so most every week, live 20 minutes from Tawakoni, today drove to Texoma, Monday drove to Texoma, next week will drive to Texoma.

Re: Tawak - 02/28/19 04:16 AM

Well I guess that answers that
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Tawak - 02/28/19 06:33 PM

Never fish Tawak in fall winter. Tomorrow I am driving to Texoma

Re: Tawak - 02/28/19 09:02 PM

Fall usually pretty good for me. Just never given winter a chance
Posted By: ChaserWF

Re: Tawak - 03/01/19 02:02 AM

Why do you think Texoma is producing better than Tawak in the winter time recently? Is the population down in Tawak?

Just curious. I primarily fish PK and there are no striper in that lake during the winter. They come back in the summer though. They swinm up from Lake Whitney after their winter time migration is over is what I have been told. Just curious to see what the experts think about Tawak.
Posted By: honey hole

Re: Tawak - 03/01/19 02:45 AM

From what I've heard it has been an off winter at Tawakoni, probably due to all the rain and the lake moving so much water through it.

They are there, just few and far between.
Here bnb is one from January. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Tawak - 03/01/19 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ChaserWF
Why do you think Texoma is producing better than Tawak in the winter time recently? Is the population down in Tawak?

Just curious. I primarily fish PK and there are no striper in that lake during the winter. They come back in the summer though. They swinm up from Lake Whitney after their winter time migration is over is what I have been told. Just curious to see what the experts think about Tawak.

One problem with your pk theory. There are 2 big obstacles between Whitney and pk
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Tawak - 03/01/19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by ChaserWF

One problem with your pk theory. There are 2 big obstacles between Whitney and pk

Damn dams bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum