Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain???

Posted By: TawakoniStriperGuide

Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/18/18 03:10 PM

Never posted on TFF, but it seems there are not any Lake Tawakoni Fishing Guides posting, so here goes nothing! Current conditions on Tawakoni are very muddy and lots of water! Hope to be back out on the Lake next week! Before the foods, fishing was Very Good throwing swimbaits in shallow water wind blown points in the AM! 1/4oz and 1/2oz jig heads with a 4" Paddletail swimbait! White Ice and Chartreuse! White Bass Fishing is great with 1oz Slab Spoons at the usual spots, Cloud Point, Wolf, Sun Point, and Finger Point. These spots are not secrets and very easy to find with a topo map. We will check back in on TFF when the water goes down a bit! It's a muddy mess so please be careful out there!

If ya got a few minutes here is my website! It has lots of good information!Lake Tawakoni fishing Guide-Cliff Thornton

Posted By: 4967

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/18/18 03:28 PM

thumb
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/18/18 03:56 PM

Nice to see this post few and far between for sure.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/18/18 06:10 PM

I'm going striper fishing the 23rd...maybe things will be better by then..🎣
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/18/18 09:01 PM

Those are some fat fish Cliff, very nice fish.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/18/18 09:39 PM

thumb

Nice report!
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/19/18 02:37 AM

Good report sir!
Also welcome
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/19/18 04:28 AM

Nice post and fish. Also welcome to the TFF! thumb
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/19/18 11:45 AM

Thanks for the good post. I too have noticed the decline in fishing reports. So, I make an appeal:

An Appeal to TFF White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Readers

I know that a number of you are fishing but not sharing your experiences. Some may have never shared, and some of you that I know, who used to share more often, don’t share most of the time now. Let me explain why I think it is important to share:

It reflects the popularity of our sport

When one reads the forum and sees few posts, he may conclude there’s not much fishing going on for white bass, etc. when that’s not true. Lots of folks are out there fishing and catching but just not reporting. Others need to know there is enjoyment to be had! Those of us who love this sport and have enjoyed it for years will not be around 20 to 30 years from now. Do we want what we have enjoyed to be forgotten by our children’s, grandchildren’s and great grandchildren’s generations? We have knowledge on how to get outdoors and enjoy our sport that will be lost if we don’t share it – and not just with our own, but with their peers. We are kind of like stewards of our sport – we have enjoyed it as a blessing from God, and we need to pass it on to the world we leave behind. Letting folks know we are out there and catching fish by posting our results on TFF is encouraging and provides hope to others.

It is being a good neighbor

When I was a working man and could only fish on weekends, I was always looking for intel on where the fish were biting and how they were being caught, so, when Saturday came, I could take my best shot at finding and catching fish. I listened to the early morning fishing report radio shows, read the outdoors section of The Houston Post and subscribed to The Lake Livingston Sportsman – a weekly periodical published by guide Curt Carpenter. Now, I’m retired and get to fish much more, but I remember what it was like needing information to help me have a good weekend fishing trip. That’s why I share almost all my fishing trips now on TFF. Just letting folks know we are catching fish here at Cedar Creek Lake is helpful. Helping them more by sharing locations as well as what baits and techniques we are using is even more helpful. If you don’t want to give away your exact locations, at least share the areas of the lakes where you are catching fish and a general description of the type and depth of structures that are holding fish. I view sharing like this as following the Golden Rule – that’s what I would want people to do for me.

For Guides

I know y’all are out there just about every day making your living, and don’t want to have a bunch of other boats read reports and come in and hog your productive locations. Compared to the number of guides I know are out there I don’t see that many guide reports. Many I do see are mostly solicitations for customers. By not posting much and not sharing useful information, I think you are missing an opportunity to promote our sport and increase business for you all. Not saying you ought to post every trip, but post enough to show good fishing is happening and whet peoples’ appetites to get in on it. And I think, in addition to your pictures and success, sharing fishing baits and techniques and types of structures holding fish will make your posts more interesting. Thanks for hearing me out. Dennis
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/19/18 02:02 PM

Nice read! Wow those are huge belly fish typical for winter December but in Oct. Wow!
welcome

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/19/18 07:51 PM

It's funny how everyone can post on Facebook and Instagram, but TFF causes problems? It's very simple. Give all anglers room to catch fish. I'm very sure most that read this report know where Finger Point is on Lake Tawakoni? Most of the anglers on TFF have a $ 3500.00 GPS Map with side view imaging that tells everyone where Finger Point is located! Go enjoy Lake Tawakoni, it's a great Lake. If you want to hire a guide, I'd be glad to take you. Don't follow guides around a lake. If there are fish in shallow water on Finger Point, bet there are some at sun point and cloud? We will post again when the rain lets up! Thanks for your kind words!
Posted By: DrWhiplash

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/20/18 05:35 AM

Attaway Cliff !! Love it !! When you can make SkeeterSteve happy you’ve had a awesome trip breakdance cheers

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/21/18 06:05 PM

Skeeter is a demanding client for sure!
Posted By: FishinTime

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/21/18 06:28 PM

hooked
Posted By: Rockwall Roy

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/22/18 12:36 AM

How many Millers did Skeeter catch?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/22/18 12:38 AM

I looked at the picture closer and it is Steve. I didn’t realize that. Nice going guys.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/22/18 12:20 PM

Love those fatties from Tawakoni, looks like they had an air pressure lunch !
Posted By: Fishing Rod

Re: Lake Tawakoni Fishing Report-PreRain??? - 10/27/18 12:11 AM

Did you end up going on the 23rd? I am heading out there tomorrow for a couple of days. Any tips would be appreciated.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum