Texas Fishing Forum

Rod holders?

Posted By: DavisGuideService

Rod holders? - 09/21/18 09:50 PM

What rod holders are you using for live bait fishing and do you recommend them?
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Rod holders? - 09/21/18 10:40 PM

I use Drift Masters, and I like them. I order the Stainless Steel ones with the 1/2" shank and have them on both boats.
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Rod holders? - 09/21/18 10:41 PM

I personally use lil duo drift master rod holders from academy and love them. It has a 0 degree angle and a 30 degree angle slot.....I typically use the 30 degree angle.

I have been in Bob Maindelles (holdingthelineguideservice) boat on four occasions and the bee ready rod holders he uses are also an excellent choice. A pro of the bee ready rod holders is they are lower profile than the lil duo's which stick up. I imagine the bee ready would be nice if you were throwing a casting net over the rod holders because less to hang up on as I did when I had the lil duo's on the front of my boat.

Either came with high recommendations to me when I was rigging my boat up and I don't think you can go wrong. Great quality products.
Posted By: Sim69z28

Re: Rod holders? - 09/22/18 01:23 AM

I have used fish master for 20 years. Currently I have 2 on my Skeeter. After fishing with Roy Songy at towakini u put 2 Bee Ready on last year. I like the Bee Ready better plus when I have a newbie out fishing they seem to get the rod out of the Bee Ready easier on a hook up.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Rod holders? - 09/22/18 01:06 PM

I use the driftmaster 1/2” stainless steel shank. Left hand threads on left side of boat and right hand threads for the right side. I use them for trolling crankbaits as well as bait fishing. I don’t worry about them breaking like some of the plastic ones.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Rod holders? - 09/22/18 01:17 PM

What kind of boat? I ran driftmast rod holders on Extreme Fishing Concept bases on my bass boat, but I am running Bee Ready on my center console now.

I still have my driftmaster and Extreme bases if you are interested.
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Rod holders? - 09/22/18 08:28 PM

Look at Be Ready rod holders
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Rod holders? - 09/22/18 10:01 PM

Its a nauticstar 215 XTS, doesnt have a rail.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Rod holders? - 09/24/18 03:56 PM

I use cabela's quick draws because I use spinning reels. They work very well.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Rod holders? - 09/24/18 04:39 PM

For the live bait fisherman, it’s hard to beat the bee ready. Low profile, doesn’t hang up on ur cast net like driftmasters...and eaiser to set the hook out of.

We have them on all our boats and like them a lot!
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Rod holders? - 09/25/18 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn
For the live bait fisherman, it’s hard to beat the bee ready. Low profile, doesn’t hang up on ur cast net like driftmasters...and eaiser to set the hook out of.

We have them on all our boats and like them a lot!
Thats so true
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum