Texas Fishing Forum

Twok Technique

Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Twok Technique - 08/16/18 12:17 PM

Has the live bait bite ended? Last time out 2 weeks ago only caught 1 small striper and hybrid and didn't see anybody else having any luck. Also noticed allot of people trolling. Thx
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Twok Technique - 08/16/18 05:36 PM

2 weeks ago on Saturday it seemed to be slow for everyone. Game warden was out and he said same.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/17/18 12:34 AM

That's when I was there last. Have you done any good since? Thx
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Twok Technique - 08/17/18 03:20 AM

Slow today also. Four of us only caught 40 in 5 1/2 hours. Usually much better.
Posted By: hamster1

Re: Twok Technique - 08/17/18 03:21 PM

Was out last Sunday. For us, the lure bite was dead, fish was very active and moved a ton. Caught a few larg stripes on 3-4” live shad

Re: Twok Technique - 08/20/18 05:05 PM

After being on fire in June & July it has turned off for me anyway. Marking plenty of fish both sides of Holiday hump. I was out on Sunday and I think I saw one guide boat. Did not see a fish caught. Wind was fairly strong out of the west on Sunday. If not for the wind I would have headed over to check out Tall Man and Sun Point. I saw some dudes in a bass boat fly in and out of Holiday. I presume to get more bait. They came from the east side of the dam and were headed back there. Probably an 18' and they were fixin to take a beating.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Twok Technique - 08/20/18 05:14 PM

We went sunday too. The big fish were hard to find but we made a haul on big sand bass. Only caught 10 hybrid with four keepers but we cleaned 75 sand bass smile
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Twok Technique - 08/20/18 05:16 PM

Looks like a great one, glad you did it, Wed my turn again hopefully.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Twok Technique - 08/20/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: PlanoKeith
We went sunday too. The big fish were hard to find but we made a haul on big sand bass. Only caught 10 hybrid with four keepers but we cleaned 75 sand bass smile

Nice haul! Good job. thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Twok Technique - 08/20/18 09:04 PM

Here is a pic of one of the Hybrids we caught and we had several straighten the hook out right at the boat:(

Re: Twok Technique - 08/20/18 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
Here is a pic of one of the Hybrids we caught and we had several straighten the hook out right at the boat:(
you in a white/blue Nauticstar?

Re: Twok Technique - 08/20/18 10:51 PM

Red and white but I seen the guy in the blue and white one Sunday.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Twok Technique - 08/21/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: PlanoKeith

nice $$ pic! thumb

Re: Twok Technique - 08/23/18 05:08 PM

Red and white but I seen the guy in the blue and white one Sunday.
I remember seeing a guy a red/white Skeeter but not a Nautic Star. Trying to decide if I give Tawokoni one more shot this Sunday or head to Texoma.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/23/18 08:30 PM

I heard Tawakoni was good again today.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/23/18 10:52 PM

What species?

Re: Twok Technique - 08/24/18 02:03 AM

Great on Wed also left them biting well
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Twok Technique - 08/24/18 12:20 PM

Frank and I went yesterday ( Thurday ) and we got around 100 sand bass and three hybrid with two keepers. It was windy as heck that morning but the new boat handled it like a champ. We actually got into some decent topwater with some big shad jumping out of the water. We saw a huge striper chasin a big shad come right by the boat. We didn't catch him LOL. But that all ended when a guide trolled right thru the middle of it and the top water was gone. But we stuck around and still got some good fish. Huge sand bass Frank kept 20 GIANT ones and the two hybrid. The only beef i have with my new boat is the new minnkota Terrova 60 inch. There is only about 56 inch of shaft to work with because of the lift assist. It takes up 4 inches of shaft. So every other wave the motor came out of the water. So if you are looking to buy a new terrova and your boat has a high bow like mine GET THE 72 inch. That way you will have 68 inches instead of 56 smile. But Allstar Marine has a new shaft ordered for me so that will be resolved. Great Time Frank ready to go again.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/24/18 01:41 PM

I wish I could have been there. That is a great fish you are holding up.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/24/18 04:23 PM

So anybody catching hybrids or stripers on live bait?
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Twok Technique - 08/24/18 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Live bait fishing on TWOK is slow...artificial from RSR LURES are the ticket, thumb

Re: Twok Technique - 08/24/18 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Live bait fishing on TWOK is slow...artificial from RSR LURES are the ticket, thumb
Fishing vertically? Jigging or smoking? Funny how the live bait fishing drops off mid to late summer and the lure action picks up. I think at this time of the year they just prefer something that is a little more lively than a half dead shad hanging on a hook under a 3/4 oz. weight.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Twok Technique - 08/24/18 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Originally Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Fishing vertically? Jigging or smoking? Funny how the live bait fishing drops off mid to late summer and the lure action picks up. I think at this time of the year they just prefer something that is a little more lively than a half dead shad hanging on a hook under a 3/4 oz. weight.

Super fast yo-yo is working for us, thumb
Posted By: Ancl1

Re: Twok Technique - 08/25/18 09:40 PM

Went this morning and caught quite a few whites and undersized hybrids in 18 to 20 feet of water. Super fast yo-yo was the preferred method. Schools were roaming and hard to stay on stop of, but when you found them, it was gang busters.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/26/18 01:28 AM

Headed out in the morning. I will try bait and lures. Hope for the best.
Posted By: Ancl1

Re: Twok Technique - 08/26/18 11:07 PM

Same results today as yesterday except found them in 15 feet of water. Big fish were slow to come by during the morning.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/27/18 01:34 AM

Please explain the yo-yo technique and artificial set up.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Twok Technique - 08/27/18 03:40 AM

Capp had a trip today. 165 whites on the clicker. Several big striper. Check it out on Facebook. “Capp’s fishing adventures” 3 of them in the boat today. He’s been on a huge school the last two weeks. He’s fishing lures only now. drop to the fish, move rod up and down pretty quickly (yo yo technique).

Re: Twok Technique - 08/27/18 05:51 PM

Got in to some surface action early. A couple of guides trolling what looked like sassy shads were wearing them out on the east side of Holiday Hump. Trolling is a last resort for me.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/27/18 09:55 PM

We had a guide trolling a Roger Rig right by our boat 2 weekends ago.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/28/18 12:29 AM

Had same a few trips ago also. Same as you described both times to us.

Re: Twok Technique - 08/28/18 05:04 PM

We had a guide trolling a Roger Rig right by our boat 2 weekends ago.
what is a Roger rig?

Re: Twok Technique - 08/28/18 09:03 PM

DD22 with 2 jig heads with sassy shads on them tied up above the crank bait.
Posted By: DaveS

Re: Twok Technique - 08/29/18 03:09 PM

How do they tie it? Palomar knot like a drop shot? Or a leader with two knots on the jig head?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum