Texas Fishing Forum

Belton White Bass Limit

Posted By: dk2429

Belton White Bass Limit - 08/08/18 01:46 AM

Kind of late, but managed a limit of white bass on Belton this past Saturday. For those of you that were maybe keeping up with my smallmouth thread on Belton, ended up getting skunked on that deal. I fished every night, black spinners on rocky banks, shakey heads, crankbaits, flukes, you name it. Just couldn't find them! The closest I got to one, I hung up on one with a crawfish rattle trap, got him a few feet to the boat, and he shook her lose... Needless to say I wasn't happy... Even fished early morning around 5:30, nothing. Got enough largemouth to not get completely skunked, but smallmouth were a no go. I don't know if the water temp had something to do with it, or maybe I just wasn't doing it right..

On the bright side, Saturday morning before we headed back to Houston we got a limit of white bass in about an hour. Got to Temple park around 6:30am, didn't even have the boat off the trailer, didn't even crank up yet, they started schooling right behind the boat. Beetle spin and spoons took care of them. After putting a few in the box at the ramp, we just randomly ran up on them here and there while cruising. My buddy I brought along had never caught a white bass, so at least he hung up on something new.

Aside from dropping a pair of Costa sunglasses into Stillhouse Hollow and no smallmouth, it was blast. I'll be back come fall time.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Belton White Bass Limit - 08/08/18 02:15 AM

thumb It may not be what you were after but you have fish for dinner! Good catch guys.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Belton White Bass Limit - 08/08/18 03:36 AM

Nice fish. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum