Texas Fishing Forum

Just wondering ........

Posted By: FishinTime

Just wondering ........ - 07/28/18 12:10 AM

Any of y'all ever use a thumper and splasher at the same time? I know one brings em in deeper and the other is for mimicking top water schooling but .....

Re: Just wondering ........ - 07/28/18 02:09 PM

Hmmmm ..... maybe I’m on to something. Or maybe nobody has wasted their time with such a dumb idea?
Posted By: SteveStrasemeier

Re: Just wondering ........ - 07/28/18 07:05 PM

Was with Larry, ED, and JR on ED's boat and he had the splasher going and used a manual thumper. Was kind of a hard day keeping a school with us but it did seem to help when he thumped. We were fishing with lures. Live bait might have kept them with us longer.

Forgot to mention that ED ran the splasher all the time and when things got slow ED added the thumping.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Just wondering ........ - 07/28/18 09:44 PM

Yes, if you look at the video mentioned in this thread, we used both.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...wi#Post12838570

I had a splasher and Tim brought the thumper. Normally I am able to limit with the splashier but the interesting thing is that Tim increased or decreased the thumper frequency three times and each time we had a bite within 30 seconds. In the video you can see an instant bite as soon as he changed it. I just finished building mine and will use both in the future. I know some people that use hydro waves on thump frenzy with splashers which creates the same effect.

Re: Just wondering ........ - 07/28/18 11:35 PM

Now that's interesting. Thanks guys for the feedback.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Just wondering ........ - 08/02/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: FishinTime
Now that's interesting. Thanks guys for the feedback.

It seems like the more racket you create, the better the bite. I'd be interested in your on the water experience doing the same.
Tim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum