Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: Paul70

Ray Roberts - 07/10/18 04:45 PM

Anyone having luck on Ray Roberts? Haven't seen a lot positive posts this year. Planned on going this Saturday morning, but maybe I need to choose another lake. Not looking for locations or any other info other than are they biting.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Roberts - 07/10/18 04:50 PM

Fished with a guide yesterday and it was a struggle to find them. between the 3 of us, we only had 6 keepers. Now he did say they found em good Saturday...
Posted By: LStewartPlano

Re: Ray Roberts - 07/10/18 05:51 PM

My grandson and I found them schooling just south of Sand Branch in the main lake, in about 25 FOW on Sunday at about 8 am. All were small fish, but he had fun. Couldn't get on them otherwise.
Posted By: Paul70

Re: Ray Roberts - 07/10/18 10:55 PM

Thanks for the info!! Last year about this time the top water action was in full swing. The fishing on this lake is really hard to figure out. I’m starting to see why they call it the Dead Sea.
Posted By: C.Seymour

Re: Ray Roberts - 07/11/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat
Fished with a guide yesterday and it was a struggle to find them. between the 3 of us, we only had 6 keepers. Now he did say they found em good Saturday...

Dang... That is pretty sad, I wouldn't be too happy with that performance if I had paid a guide for Sandies. Regardless of what he says they did a few days ago. Very strange that they are so off at RR.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Ray Roberts - 07/11/18 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: C.Seymour
Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

Dang... That is pretty sad, I wouldn't be too happy with that performance if I had paid a guide for Sandies. Regardless of what he says they did a few days ago. Very strange that they are so off at RR.

We we're actually bass fishing and wanted to get some meat. The problem was, believe it or not... there was no wind at all, slick as glass. That made for tough fishing all around.
Posted By: bigcheessee

Re: Ray Roberts - 07/12/18 12:21 AM

I've noticed once it gets 100° & over the really start to school on top. The NE wind didnt help anything.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum