Texas Fishing Forum

Bait Tanks?

Posted By: Taylor0262

Bait Tanks? - 07/04/18 04:13 AM

Are there any local places to buy grayline, creek bank, super bait tank etc near dallas area? Im fine with new or used just looking to set up for shad on my boat.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/04/18 08:52 AM

welcome to the forum!

You might call greyline and ask them if someone in Dallas-Fort Worth stocks them. Most guys schedule a trip to Texoma to fish and stop by to pick one up.
Posted By: Bassthumb: Phill's Guide Svc

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/04/18 01:18 PM

I bought mine from the guy who makes them in Kingston. Its a heck of a drive but I got to stop at Blackbeard and drool over the blazer 2400 striper I want to get. Dave's fish and ski, or whatever its called now in Denison carries them and actually has great prices on them the last time I checked. I think hemlines makes a great product. Im on my second one.

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/04/18 01:41 PM

Great! Thanks very much for the info. I will look into that. Interested in the info on the guy who makes them too
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/04/18 02:36 PM

Sent you a PM
Posted By: RespectTheFish

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/04/18 06:30 PM

Keep blue water bait tanks in mind! Bob Maindelle of holdingthelineguideservice uses the 30 gallon and it came with high recommendation over the three grayline bait tanks that he used/uses. He says the grayline's insulation factor is very weak compared to the blue water bait tanks and the filtration is not as great of a design as well in his opinion. With that recommendation, I purchased a 30 gallon blue water for $590 plus $110 shipping and I couldn't be happier with my tank. Even in these 100 plus degree days I have had no problem keeping shad alive a day or two in my driveway with little to no maintenance. All I have been doing is adding maybe 1 gallon milk jugs of frozen water in there once or twice a day. This keeps the water in the 80-84 degree range which is about what the lake temp is running.

If interested, I made a video of the tank just to give others a close-up view and some details of the tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLkwu5jtiQ

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/04/18 07:06 PM

Thank you sir i will check those tanks out too! I remember when greyline was top dog but heck so many new designs and innovations have come out its best to keep options open
Posted By: voodew

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/05/18 01:27 PM

Tips for Blue water tanks - turn the output diffuser toward the back wall - you will notice way less scales in your filter after doing this. That flow rite aerator is great at blasting scales off the shad. Shad don't need circulation! Bait tanks need circulation to disperse the air. And when its really hot 2 cups of salt - winter time 1 cup of salt.

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/05/18 01:38 PM

I’ll have to try that! There are a lot of scales in the filter when it’s all said and done. Thanks!
Posted By: voodew

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/06/18 07:33 PM

Taylor,
Check out Shad Shack Bait Houses. I have one of their tanks. I have owned both Bluewater and Grayline. Shad Shack is way better than the other two listed and they have quick delivery.
They are out of North Carolina but he is coming to Texas next month bringing tanks to try to sell in tackle stores.
Other tanks that are quality:
Evolution Bait systems - NOT to be confused with Extreme bait tanks as they are very poor quality
Mel's Bait tanks
Creek Bank tanks
Super Bait tank 2

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/06/18 11:47 PM

I’ve heard great things about shad shack as well

Re: Bait Tanks? - 07/09/18 01:56 AM

I do appreciate all the insight. Im going to look into those options also for sure. Shad shack looks awesome!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum