Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Wow

Posted By: Luke57

Ray Roberts Wow - 06/15/18 05:41 PM

Y’all weren’t kidding we have been here for two days only got a dozen plus the wind was a whipping today . Will give it one more try tomorrow
Posted By: FishnDenton

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/15/18 07:03 PM

It's been tuff this year for some reason. I'm headed to Livingston this week for vacation so maybe my luck will change. Lol
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/15/18 10:14 PM

Go to Lewisville
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/15/18 11:02 PM

Sorry to hear that but glad it not just me they have always been some top water action this time of year. I been skunke three weeks in a row
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/16/18 02:28 AM

Just curious. What’s with the need for finding them boiling? Do you guys not have electronics able to locate them?
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/16/18 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Notaguide
Just curious. What’s with the need for finding them boiling? Do you guys not have electronics able to locate them?

Because its fun!
Posted By: C.Seymour

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/16/18 01:27 PM

It also speeds up the process. You could scan all day and end up a hundred yards away from a school at times and not realize. Nothing says ''hey there's a bunch of fish over there'' like top water blow ups and birds.

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/16/18 01:51 PM

Yes I have electronics and yes I am not the best using them I catfish 99% of the time and do fair at catching them but my grandkids are coming in over the fourth and wanting to make it fast and easy for them I have scouted for them three weeks and not found them stacked up anywhere and from other post on here I am not the only one on here not finding them. I know Luke57 from other post catch them regularly and he is having trouble to it sounds like. The fish just don’t seem to be in the same pattern as the last few years. Notaguide I applaud you for not ever having trouble catching fish.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/16/18 02:53 PM

I certainly didn’t say that but it is rare.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/17/18 02:37 PM

Is Tim Wilke , Reeling Ray Roberts, still fishing Ray Bob ? If so , he can shed some light on where the fish can be found. He always used a silver 3/4 ounce cotten cordell slab with green or chartreuse clouser tied above.

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/17/18 04:56 PM

Tim is still fishing but had hip replacement done and out till October I believe

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/17/18 04:57 PM

Tim had hip surgery he timed it right I saw another guide out there Saturday and he was moving around a lot and I never saw them catch anything
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/17/18 07:08 PM

Sounds like Ray Hubbard. We are on a totally different pattern this year as well.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/17/18 09:10 PM

Hey Gborg Tim use my flies above his silver slab.
Johnny

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/17/18 09:41 PM

Johnny Missi caught some doubles with your chartreuse flies
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/18/18 11:53 AM

Good to hear.
Johnny
Posted By: gborg

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/18/18 12:31 PM

Sand Johnny, I'm sure he did.

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/25/18 02:31 AM

If not to much wind going to try them in the morning

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/25/18 11:59 PM

Caught a few no schooling action that I found put in at Johnson Branch found them suspended in twenty foot of water weren’t hungry and found them by the two Island across from cates point in 14 foot and pulled a few inthe wind was rough early but calmed down
Posted By: FishnDenton

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/26/18 12:01 AM

Nice. At least you caught some. Good job.

Re: Ray Roberts Wow - 06/27/18 09:24 PM

Going to try them again tomorrow refuse to give up
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum