Texas Fishing Forum

Canyon Lake Stripers!

Posted By: Southtxangler22

Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/07/18 04:33 PM

Showed up to canyon lake a little early today. Went out with cork and worms to catch perch for bait.. easy enough. Perch and blue gill are all over the banks right now. Ran around for about an hour and found a big school of striper. Hit the spot lock and they kept coming! They loved the live perch but i caught several on cut perch and kept re using the same perch head. Awesome day out there!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/07/18 05:26 PM

Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/07/18 08:14 PM

You must have taken that pic with your camera really quick. The past few times I was out as of recently, I would have a screen like that........for about a second.
Glad you were able to get them to stay around long enough to play for a bit thumb
Posted By: Bilboinsa

Re: Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/07/18 09:16 PM

Great catching as always! Were you following the birds again? I think I get out too late to find bird action....are they at certain times of the day or just really varied throughout?
Posted By: Southtxangler22

Re: Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/07/18 09:47 PM

I was able to sit in one spot for 2 hours and they kept coming through.. it was really nice for once lol.. usually it’s a 30 second thing for me as well lol. No birds today. I haven’t seen any all summer really. I think fall-spring is the best time to look for the birds. Birds are basically chasing the top water bite during that time of year. Right now fish are deep.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/07/18 10:15 PM

thumb
Posted By: Bilboinsa

Re: Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/08/18 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Southtxangler22
I was able to sit in one spot for 2 hours and they kept coming through.. it was really nice for once lol.. usually it’s a 30 second thing for me as well lol. No birds today. I haven’t seen any all summer really. I think fall-spring is the best time to look for the birds. Birds are basically chasing the top water bite during that time of year. Right now fish are deep.

Thanks for the info. Glad you had a fun, sustained morning.
Posted By: chascat

Re: Canyon Lake Stripers! - 06/09/18 02:13 PM

Nice fish Steven ! Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum