Texas Fishing Forum

Thank you Dennis Christian!

Posted By: jbobo

Thank you Dennis Christian! - 05/19/18 02:20 AM

I had a backhoe job at Cedar Creek today so I called Mr. Christian to see if he would be around after lunch. He said sure how bout we fish a while after you finish your job and I finish my golf game? Who would turn that down? We got on the water about 2:00 pm and fished till 4:00. He showed me what structure he looks for on his helix and pointed out several places.He let me use his rod and reel and his mepps spinners. We finished with 3 yellow bash that were small, 2 channel cats, and 75 keeper white bass. He outfished me 2 to 1. I know I was supposed to remember the names of the places he took me but I was concentrating on showing him I knew how to catch fish with his technique and forgot all the names. I do remember we fished water from 12 ft to 18 ft. On some long underwater points. I had a great time and appreciate Dennis’s hospitality. Thank you sir!
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Thank you Dennis Christian! - 05/19/18 03:54 AM

Sounds like a good trip thumb
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: Thank you Dennis Christian! - 05/19/18 04:48 AM

Sounds like fun.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Thank you Dennis Christian! - 05/19/18 01:50 PM

Glad to hear. I like DC cheers
You shoulda take a few pics to remember the day, Jeff.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Thank you Dennis Christian! - 05/19/18 09:24 PM

Todd, I know I should have taken pictures. I’ve been trying for a year or more to meet Dennis and maybe fish with him. I was too busy trying to catch up on the fish tally to do much of anything else. I worked my tail off just to keep it at his 2 to my 1. He and his wife are very nice down to earth folks who enjoy helping others. I hope to sneak down there again soon.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Thank you Dennis Christian! - 05/20/18 12:19 AM

thumb Great day with Dennis showing you the ropes on CC.
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Thank you Dennis Christian! - 05/20/18 01:22 PM

jbobo, thanks for the kind words, and it was my pleasure to fish with you. You certainly have the Mepps method down. I was out yesterday where we fished and, in addition to whites, caught 2 legal hybrids there and a 3rd one pulled off before I got him to the boat. I also forgot to take pics. Ughh! But, the fishing is good right now!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum