Texas Fishing Forum

Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud

Posted By: BrandoA

Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/27/18 01:52 PM

After school yesterday Riley and I decided to hit Buchanan for a little fishing. Afterwards she grab the 6ft net and went to throwing. Makes daddy proud knowing she will be my bait catcher soon!!!

Posted By: jackwagon

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/27/18 02:00 PM

flehan AWESOME!!!
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/27/18 02:06 PM

Very Cool!
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/27/18 02:37 PM

That is great.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/27/18 02:37 PM

That's good stuff thumb
Posted By: HuntandFish

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/27/18 06:17 PM

Awesome, saw this on TBH this morning
Posted By: sae

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/27/18 06:57 PM

You go girl,WOOO HOOO.[Good job mom and pops.]
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 12:00 AM

Awesome. Can I borrow her tomorrow am? roflmao

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: jbobo

She’s a little grumpy in the mornings lol
Posted By: mg64

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 12:53 AM

Way to go Dad. Teaching them right!!!!
Posted By: sae

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 01:13 AM

Bud 5, 10 years from now you will be glad you had this moment,trust me.
Posted By: jbobo

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: BrandoA
Originally Posted By: jbobo

She’s a little grumpy in the mornings lol

Dang!
Posted By: Basshoe

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 03:20 AM

She can throw a cast net better than me! bow_down
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 03:31 AM

That is awesome!

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: sae
Bud 5, 10 years from now you will be glad you had this moment,trust me.

No doubt!!! I cherish every moment with her. It’s about the memories you make together!!
Posted By: txhntr

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/28/18 05:06 PM

That's nice. Parenting done right.
Posted By: Springcrik

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/29/18 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Basshoe
She can throw a cast net better than me! bow_down

She's got me beat too. About half of my throws are figure-8. The other half are a long straight line..:)
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/29/18 04:15 PM

That's awesome she's out there with you. My 7 year old hasn't tried to throw yet, but he drives the boat while I catch bait.

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/29/18 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mickeytfc
That's awesome she's out there with you. My 7 year old hasn't tried to throw yet, but he drives the boat while I catch bait.

She's been fishing with me since she could walk. She won the 2014 Texas Striper Association Youth Angler of the Year. Kid can flat out Striper fish when she has her head in the game. During the summer she deck hands for my best friend on Buchanan, who is a full time guide.

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/30/18 12:20 PM

She's been fishing with me since she could walk. She won the 2014 Texas Striper Association Youth Angler of the Year. Kid can flat out Striper fish when she has her head in the game. During the summer she deck hands for my best friend on Buchanan, who is a full time guide.

Man that is great! How did you inspire that level of desire? What do you do when she doesn't "have her head in the game?" Do you ever have to make her just go, is she always just raring to go, or do you just not worry about it and let her not go? Whatever you have done it's working!

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/30/18 02:12 PM

Man that is great! How did you inspire that level of desire? What do you do when she doesn't "have her head in the game?" Do you ever have to make her just go, is she always just raring to go, or do you just not worry about it and let her not go? Whatever you have done it's working!

She usually raring to go unless its cold and all lol. Ever since she was little I always included her in the process and gave her jobs that made her feel part of the team. Whether it be cleaning the filters, counting out baits, to being the net girl as she got older. Being part of the team made her feel important. To keep her interested, when its warm enough, I let her jump in and swim a little when were moving to another spot. Sometimes we will beach the boat and she will get out and look for arrowheads or shells and stuff. Now that she is older (13)She really doesn't get to distracted. Biggest problem now is you better be fast or she will beat you to the rod!!
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/30/18 02:21 PM

Now I know who to call for my bait catching when I travel up to the Buch!

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/30/18 03:13 PM

She usually raring to go unless its cold and all lol. Every since she was little I always included her in the process and gave her jobs that made her feel part of the team. Whether it be cleaning the filters, counting out baits, to being the net girl as she got older. Being part of the team made her feel important. To keep her interested, when its warm enough, I let her jump in and swim a little when were moving to another spot. Sometimes we will beach the boat and she will get out and look for arrowheads or shells and stuff. Now that she is older (13)She really doesn't get to distracted. Biggest problem now is you better be fast or she will beat you to the rod!![/quote]

Great advice, thanks!

Re: Learning to throw a net...makes daddy proud - 04/30/18 04:23 PM

Great advice, thanks!

No problem. Its great to watch her when were at the ranch just grab a pole and walk down to the tank by the cabin and just start to fish. All on her own without having to ask. She has developed a love for the sport that hopefully never dies. Absolutely my best fishin buddy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum