Texas Fishing Forum

Finally got some good Shad

Posted By: PKfishin

Finally got some good Shad - 04/17/18 02:46 PM

If the wind will allow me I'll try to catch a few stripers today. Wind was so bad yesterday the only way to fish was tied up to something.
Posted By: jackwagon

Re: Finally got some good Shad - 04/17/18 03:34 PM

Good Luck. Only nice weather seems to happen during the week.

Re: Finally got some good Shad - 04/17/18 10:47 PM

It was a great day. Pics uploaded later.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: Finally got some good Shad - 04/18/18 12:38 AM

Good to hear PK Fishing, you have been waiting a while for this. My last few trips there I struggled for bait as well.

fish pics from todays trip - 04/18/18 03:37 AM

What a difference some good shad make. Wind was horrible so we spent most of the day tied up at docks where we could see fish on the Humminbird. Had two very big fish I think were stripers break off. I could never turn them and they got into dock cables. Three stripers, Three nice LM Bass, Three huge perch that took shad and a nice cat.

Bass were very large. I normally throw them back if they are over 18 inches but my friend Jimmy wanted to eat them.

These fish were chasing these schools of big perch but could not resist those live shad.

Not a bad day considering how bad the wind was. Shad were hard to catch. I got one good throw where I got a couple dozen and after that it was one or two at a time.
Posted By: gborg

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/18/18 12:02 PM

Very nice . Good ketch and thanks for sharing .
Posted By: Txbassin

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/18/18 03:40 PM

popcorn

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/18/18 06:20 PM

Good pics. Those bass will fry up very nicely. thumb
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/18/18 09:13 PM

Nice!
Posted By: RANDY WOOD

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/18/18 09:44 PM

Nothing wrong with eating Black Bass Mike unless your a a bass fishermen.
You may get some grief from the perch jerkers. If you want to have some fun post that in the bass section.
Capn Joe posted a bunch of stunted buck bass he kept out of a stock pond in LA on the bass fishing board. He got flamed stir
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/19/18 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: RANDY WOOD
Nothing wrong with eating Black Bass Mike unless your a a bass fishermen.
You may get some grief from the perch jerkers. If you want to have some fun post that in the bass section.
Capn Joe posted a bunch of stunted buck bass he kept out of a stock pond in LA on the bass fishing board. He got flamed stir
I normally do not keep bass myself but we kept some slot fish last time on Fork. We were fishing for crappie shallow and caught more bass than crappie. I figured no one keeps bass out of Fork and my neighbor likes to eat them. Post that you kept 5 or 6 slot bass from Fork in the spring in the bass section and you will get roasted for sure. Fact is there are not enough bass that are taken out of that lake.

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/19/18 09:00 PM

Randy: The last time I posted a bass in the bass section I got emailed stalked. I'll just let those guys play with their 350 HP boat with shallow water anchors in their own playpen in peace.

Got the most hate mail when I posted this pic of a nice Texoma smallmouth. Apparently, the TPWD book is wrong and these are illegal to eat.

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/19/18 09:02 PM

Stump Jumper: I want that slot at Fork for PK. We have way way too many 14 inch bass. I think those would fry up nicely.

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/19/18 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
Stump Jumper: I want that slot at Fork for PK. We have way way too many 14 inch bass. I think those would fry up nicely.

Yes they would, we catch many of them on accident, they are delicious!
Posted By: gborg

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/20/18 12:52 PM

When dead sticking in the winter, black bass are mixed with 4-5 lb stripers !

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/20/18 02:48 PM

TCK73: "we catch many of them on accident, they are delicious! "

I don't want to get caught with a $100 bass. I throw all the short ones back. I still think PK needs the slot used at fork.

Re: fish pics from todays trip - 04/20/18 03:28 PM

That came off wrong, I was referring to bass in general being tasty. They are looking at making PK a 14" minimum, which would help I think.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum