Texas Fishing Forum

Rising Water

Posted By: All Boat, No Bass

Rising Water - 03/28/18 10:41 PM

I am not a dyed in the wool white bass / striper fisherperson ( too politically correct?). I usually concentrate on largemouth. A friend is going fishing with me this weekend - Canyon Lake(San Antonio).
While fishing for Largemouth the last couple of weeks, I informed him that I had found white bass in the backs of coves hitting on shad rap type baits. He is going out with me this weekend in search of a few
whites / striper. Area just received some rainfall (around 3-4inches) figure this will dirty up the water some- maybe chocolate milk upper lake by weekend. Is my best bet to troll in the cleanest water I can find or should I still spend time in backs of coves? I have some new rod holders from Extreme Fishing Concepts for the bass boat
to try out.

Re: Rising Water - 03/29/18 01:45 PM

Posted By: gborg

Re: Rising Water - 03/30/18 12:39 PM

Clear water !

Re: Rising Water - 03/31/18 01:36 AM

Thanks gborg, that will be the plan
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Rising Water - 03/31/18 05:26 AM

Slightly stained water will be ok..

Re: Rising Water - 03/31/18 08:26 PM

Very windy today, a bit of chop. 1 Striper, 2 Whites and a dink largemouth. Back of cove along creek bed 8 - 12 FOW - big cove next to
Randolph area cove. 2 inch shad rap and 3/8 oz head 2.5" swimbait-white. Not really my type of fishing, but fun none the less. Will try again.
Allowed me sonar time.

thanks for your help.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum