Texas Fishing Forum

FPH was good yesterday on the jet ski (Cartoon included)

Posted By: Timmychanga

FPH was good yesterday on the jet ski (Cartoon included) - 03/18/18 01:52 PM

FPH was covered with boats due to the nice weather. I was able to wiggle between the boats and fish some. After the rain started we almost had the lake to ourself. We crappie fished with slow results. I did land a real nice one, 11 lbs, once all the boats left. Headed to Hubbard Creek today to chase the whites.

Posted By: jbobo

Re: FPH was good yesterday on the jet ski (Cartoon included) - 03/18/18 10:58 PM

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: FPH was good yesterday on the jet ski (Cartoon included) - 03/19/18 12:57 AM

Very nice! coolio
Posted By: cobester

Re: FPH was good yesterday on the jet ski (Cartoon included) - 03/19/18 06:19 AM

Timmychanga you just brought a big smile to my face.

The first pic was my honey hole growing up.

My late father worked for WTU and we were allowed to fish the intake back when the plant was ripping and roaring (early 80's through late 90's).

Man I can't tell you how many thousands and thousands of fish we pulled out of there. Some of the biggest hybrids I have ever caught on the lake came from there off of the ol' Flee Fly!

At that time, the public couldn't get into the intake from the lake or by land.

Thanks for taking me back down memory lane man!!

PS --> Is the fishing still good in there?
Posted By: Timmychanga

Re: FPH was good yesterday on the jet ski (Cartoon included) - 03/19/18 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: cobester
Timmychanga you just brought a big smile to my face.

The first pic was my honey hole growing up.

My late father worked for WTU and we were allowed to fish the intake back when the plant was ripping and roaring (early 80's through late 90's).

Man I can't tell you how many thousands and thousands of fish we pulled out of there. Some of the biggest hybrids I have ever caught on the lake came from there off of the ol' Flee Fly!

At that time, the public couldn't get into the intake from the lake or by land.

Thanks for taking me back down memory lane man!!

PS --> Is the fishing still good in there?

Yeah the fishing is ok there when the crappie are spawning. They will stage up by the intake just before they run out to the rocks around the shore to do the nasty.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum