Texas Fishing Forum

I Need Your Feedback Please.

Posted By: Laner

I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/02/18 06:23 PM

I am in the process of developing software for an app that will allow fishermen to log their trips with ease and accuracy. What would you hard core guys like for this app to feature and provide to the angler?
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/02/18 06:35 PM

Date, species, Coordinates, weather, water conditions, temps both air and water, lure specifics, Depths caught.
Posted By: MedicusPiscantur24

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/02/18 07:14 PM

Location, species caught/number of fish, weather conditions/time log/date caught, lure/bait caught on. I find the worst part of most apps I have downloaded is the location saving/integration with the GPS via google maps, etc.
Posted By: TxShiner

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/02/18 07:52 PM

A way to keep track of your partners total catch. To keep tabs at the end of the year.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/02/18 10:26 PM

All of the above and a place to log personal notes and the capability to update it from year to year.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/03/18 01:45 PM

I just asked my high school son to do this as a side project for me the other day.

I been logging my trips on my phone's calendar on the trip date. I am Android/Google. I have a template which I fill out.

(date) [lake/location] [boat and ppl in boat] [results] [catching depth] [water temp] [wind, weather] [lure] [notes... Like new spot new pattern new friend new ramp etc]

For your App, I like to

- contain items above
-attach pics to the report (graph and big fish caught lol)
- sorted by date
- intuitive

Questions:
Will the data be stored in your server/cloud? Login account needed?
Or stored locally on my phone?
How do you transfer the data to the new phone?

Thanks. Been thinking about this for a
while. I tried many Apps but don't like them.

Last, found out years ago we need fishing logs. Most of mine and buddies memories are off, way off cuz we fish many days per year lol. I can also look at my old TFF reports for log info also cuz I put the essential data and pics there, on the TFF cloud smile

Thanks Laner!
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/03/18 03:04 PM

Key for me is the ability for the app to show data in “graph or chart like data”

If I need to see a 6 month - 5 year period of water temps and how Fishing success relates to water temp, I should be able to see that.

Also, I want to be able to organize target species by month...for example...I would choose “Striper” then the app would organize Striper Fishing from best to worse based on #’s of fish caught each month.

The ability for the app to give “snapshot” views of Fishing data going back several years is important.

The entire point for the app for me would to determine patterns based on a different conditions so that we can get a better pattern on Fish.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/03/18 03:34 PM

sort by lake and date (and date then lake)
scrape data from the more sophisticated fish finders...
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/03/18 04:36 PM

I like that Michael. I am guessing you already done that using Excel spreadsheet. With software, it's easy to program that into the app also. But the trickier part is what if you drop your phone how to restore those data. My phone calendar lives in the Google calendar cloud and will be there forever lol
Posted By: Fab

Re: I Need Your Feedback Please. - 03/04/18 05:04 PM

I'd like to be able to see trends year to year, perhaps include moon phases and fishing prime times.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum