Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma tomorrow

Posted By: Stump jumper

Texoma tomorrow - 03/01/18 06:42 PM

I have not seen many posts on Texoma lately. Just wondering what is going on at the big lake. Looks like some of the local sandbass lakes are hot. Maybe I should stay closer to home. I have been trying to get back to Texoma for several weeks. I planned to take a day off last week but canceled because of the weather.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/01/18 06:55 PM

A friend of mine just got back from a guided trip and said it was pretty slow. They caught some fish but he said by no means was it hot action. Said all fish were right on the bottom.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/01/18 08:40 PM

I am sure with all the rain they have had the lake will be dirty with the red river going thru life.
Posted By: yakkityyak

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/01/18 09:08 PM

Was out there yesterday. no hot action and nothing over 5lbs, but the fish were there on the bottom and we caught about 40 total.
Posted By: Scdogman

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/01/18 10:40 PM

Yakkityyak,

What did you catch them on? My last trip was humbling. Fish all around with only a few bits.

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/02/18 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: yakkityyak
Was out there yesterday. no hot action and nothing over 5lbs, but the fish were there on the bottom and we caught about 40 total.
depth? West end? Usually the Red does not get bad unless there are heavy rains out towards Whichita Falls which from what I saw is not the case. Lake was still about a foot low mid week.
Posted By: chrisc/striper express guide service

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/02/18 03:05 PM

Lake is not low red river is very red a lot of the creeks have mud lines but there are options the ledges midlake are producing boxfish an occasional over and if you enjoy fishing the Alabama rigs that is working better the the big fish are in the upper registers of the lake and some days a lot harder to get but either way will produce.I’ve seen some guys trolling and treeling as well catching.You never know unless you go I can tell you that yesterday was epic I will post A current report later but right now I’m in Hagaman on a hog hunt :-)
Posted By: yakkityyak

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/02/18 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Scdogman
Yakkityyak,

What did you catch them on? My last trip was humbling. Fish all around with only a few bits.

umbrella rigs

Re: Texoma tomorrow - 03/04/18 10:19 PM

Tough day for a live bait fisherman. Bait was deep and hard to catch. Some little ones shallow in Buncombe. Also some dead ones. Birds were cleaning them up. Looks like there was a winter kill. Not sure how bad. Lake appeared to be normal level but the red was running. Definite mud line and fish were thick on edge of it. Sometimes solid from 25 to 49'. I tried to add the pic from my phone last night but for some reason it was rejected
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum