Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni of Texoma mid March?

Posted By: cantcatch5

Tawakoni of Texoma mid March? - 01/29/18 12:22 AM

I am trying to plan a guided fishing trip for mid March or early April. It would be for a group of 13 year olds so I am feeling some pressure to make it a memorable birthday. Does one lake fish better than the other? I would guess if we went to Tawakoni it would be a mixed species trip and at Texoma would be a striper trip.

Thanks for any guidance and advice.
Posted By: captain steve barnes

Re: Tawakoni of Texoma mid March? - 01/29/18 03:27 AM

Can't speak for Towakoni but Texoma is gonna be great. Texoma is absolutely loaded with big fat striper this year and it will be the best it has been in a while.
Posted By: gborg

Re: Tawakoni of Texoma mid March? - 01/29/18 02:32 PM

Your post location indicates , Tyler. Lake Tawakoni is a short hop from Tyler. There are a number of excellent guides to chose from. In addition, the white bass or sand bass will be or should be in full swing mid March ! Hard to find another lake in Texas that offers tank sandies in comparison to Tawakoni. Constant action, a Hybrid and some Stripers.

Re: Tawakoni of Texoma mid March? - 02/02/18 03:06 PM

Yes I am Tyler ant Tawakoni is a really easy trip from here but I would drive them farther if the fishing was
Likely to be better. I am an avid bass fisherman but know better to leave the success of a trip like this to the pros!
Posted By: VIP Fishing

Re: Tawakoni of Texoma mid March? - 02/02/18 03:20 PM

Can't go wrong with Twok
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Tawakoni of Texoma mid March? - 02/02/18 03:28 PM

You can’t go wrong with either lake. Both will be fishing really well. I am planning a trip to both lake in March.
Posted By: Donny Parker

Re: Tawakoni of Texoma mid March? - 02/02/18 06:29 PM

Look up Matt Cartwright from Lake Tawakoni. Great guy, good with kids, and will put you on the fish. He books quick, so I would get in touch with him soon if you want to go this route.

Re: Tawakoni or Texoma mid March? - 02/17/18 08:44 PM

Bump. Thanks for the replys so far. Looking like due to baseball, track, swimming and soccer it may be the first or second week of April...I was not as busy as these kids are when I was 13!

Any more input?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum