Texas Fishing Forum

Which Mepp’s?

Posted By: littlewheel

Which Mepp’s? - 01/21/18 04:20 PM

Looks like there are 20 or so different kind of Mepps lures. I usually use a spoon or Emerald shiner on a jig head but was wanting to give the Mepps a try after watching Dennis Christian’s YouTube video. Which by the way was awesome and thanks for sharing that. Which style and color Mepps are good starting points. Thanks in advance
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/21/18 04:34 PM

I am not a true Mepps guy like Dennis is but I have had really good luck with white #4 lures. I finally broke down and bought a rod and reel I can cast them with. That was my big problem.

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/21/18 05:10 PM

Hopefully he will chime in.
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/21/18 06:51 PM

Mepps Master DC's go to is #4 plain aglia silver. And a few times a year with small shad hatches he down sizes to #2. Don't use 15# test lines. Go smaller. Welcome to the mepps club smile
Posted By: SeaPro-Todd

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/21/18 06:56 PM

Skip all the ones with bucktails or poka dots wink
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/21/18 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
I am not a true Mepps guy like Dennis is but I have had really good luck with white #4 lures. I finally broke down and bought a rod and reel I can cast them with. That was my big problem.
PM sent
Posted By: Dennis Christian

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/22/18 12:28 AM

Todd has it right - Mepps Aglia plain, sizes 4 and 2. 10 lb Berkley Vanish fluorocarbon line with gold or red tint is what I use. I almost always use silver, but this winter on deep humps white is working better.

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/22/18 02:00 AM

Thank you guys !
Posted By: OLD NITRO

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/22/18 01:58 PM

littlewheel, are you fixing to mepps'em-up on fork?

Re: Which Mepp’s? - 01/22/18 02:46 PM

I am considering trying them out. May go one day this week
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum