Texas Fishing Forum

Dead sticking on Lake Lewisville

Posted By: Downwind Guide Service

Dead sticking on Lake Lewisville - 12/29/17 05:02 AM

Hey TFF crew hope everyone had a Fantastic Christmas with their family. Me and my better half went out to test the waters today. On good ol Lake Lewisville in search of the hybrids and white bass. Left the ramp around noonish. With all the rain we had and COLD weather, we decided to head for DEEP WATER. Off we went to one of my favorite winter spots to see if they were staged up yet. Water temp 49.9 degrees and dead calm. Once we arrived, I started searching and it didn’t take long. The graph lit up like billboard at night, loads of bait and fish. Started fishing about 12:30, fish were stacked in 50 FOW fifteen pools down in 30 FOW. Immediately started catching fish, They didn’t want the bait moved much at all just a twitch of the rod tip. Just as if you were crappie fishing. Make any other big movements and they weren’t having it. “Zero zilech nada” ain’t having that..... lol choice of tactics were bumping the boat and using 2 1/4 oz jig heads in tandem. With two 3”- 4” BERKLEY GULP MINNOWS. Ended the day around 3 and easily had our limit of hybrids if we were keeping fish. But we were scouting for our clients and practicing cpr. “catch photo release” If you would like to learn dead sticking techniques or just wanna catch a mess of fish. Give us a call or look us up on the web. We guarantee you will catch fish or your next trip is 50% off. Be sure to follow us on YouTube and Facebook at Downwind Guide Service Also if you wanna see the latest action,the bite, tips and techniques. Come join our group on Facebook at Lip Rippers with DWG. Thank y’all and have a fantastic New Year see y’all out on the water. Here’s a link to check out on today’s trip!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBQge1pYTNM&feature=share
https://youtu.be/Z7U9Dxo2ZPw

Tight Lines,
Downwind Guide Service

Kevin McCullough
Kimberly Hoppe
817-909-1953
downwindguideservice.com
Posted By: Brocephus

Re: Dead sticking on Lake Lewisville - 12/29/17 10:20 PM

Excellent report. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: BendaRod(WC)