Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Sand Bass

Posted By: Chris B

Ray Roberts Sand Bass - 12/16/17 01:35 AM

How is the sand bass fishing on ray bob right now? Have some family in town that would like to take their young son fishing. I figure sand bass would be easiest to catch hopefully. Guessing slabs on structure deep?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Ray Roberts Sand Bass - 12/18/17 12:43 AM

Is sand bass info top secret or is there just no one fishing for them right now?
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Ray Roberts Sand Bass - 12/18/17 01:49 AM

I haven't been in a couple weeks. Fishing Texoma right now. I would look south of wolf and the mouth of Johnson. Also north of Culp island. I was catching in 39-55 fow. Slabs and small flukes on a 3/4oz head. Dead sticking both or slowly moveing it up and down. Also thumping the bottom of your boat will bring fish to you. Thumping will make a big difference in the numbers of fish under you. My favorite way is turn my sonar to 2D and use the jigging mode. Get fish under you then drop your slab or jig down and watch it fall on you sonar until it's in fish. Look around the road beds and deep creek channels. Their not hard to find this time of year but you may have to search for feeding fish.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Ray Roberts Sand Bass - 12/18/17 02:07 AM

Dead sticking has finally started here. Thumping the boat, small flukes, watch your graph. Tie a jig about 15 inches above your fluke to double up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum