Texas Fishing Forum

Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish.

Posted By: RespectTheFish

Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/13/17 10:37 PM

I made a short video comparing humminbird's bottom view options: structure ID Vs whiteline. Whiteline definitely makes it easier to find fish hugging the bottom of the lake such as white bass and hybrids. Have y'all experimented with these two settings, and if so, which do y'all prefer?

Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/14/17 02:23 AM

Good info thank you. Im going to play with that next trip out
Posted By: Madatu

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/14/17 04:05 PM

great video i will change my settings also.

thanks

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/14/17 10:55 PM

Awesome! Since I've switched I can't stand looking at the structure ID setting. The one flaw with the whiteline setting is how Humminbird almost makes it become part of the color palette so the fish can be white in their hardest returns so just be aware of it and turn sensitivity down a point or two and problem solved.
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/18/17 04:00 AM

Do you always run your sonar in the clear mode? I have a 1199 and a 998 both and always have mine on max mode. I'm usually fishing 20 fow plus. Just curious if you find the clear mode better.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/18/17 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe Slab
Do you always run your sonar in the clear mode? I have a 1199 and a 998 both and always have mine on max mode. I'm usually fishing 20 fow plus. Just curious if you find the clear mode better.

I always run in clear mode. Usually with the switchfire Setting you have to drop the senstivity down so low to get a clean screen that it pretty much set to clear mode settings. The max mode can sometimes give some odd readings in shallow water also. But it is mainly just a personal preference

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/18/17 10:58 PM

I totally agree with diesel!
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/19/17 06:12 PM

I have great luck with Max Mode....I don’t care for clear mode much. When both are tuned to their best I feel like the Max Mode shows Fish and structure way better.

I feel like target separation is key with 2D...and Max Mode allows for better definition of fish yet still giving you plenty of white space for target separation.

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/19/17 06:32 PM

I'm open to experimenting with it more. What range of sensitivity are you usually running with on Max? Ever sense I started using white line I've noticed I settled for sensitivity around 5-7 on average instead of more 9-11 when I used structure ID.

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/19/17 07:03 PM

I like 7,8,9 when on Max Mode. Prob 8 is best overall.

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/19/17 11:21 PM

I'll give it a try! How's catfishing going for you guys!? I've been wanting to fish with you for a few years but haven't gotten around to it

Re: Using Humminbird's WhiteLine setting to find bottom hugging fish. - 12/20/17 12:08 AM

Pretty good...and it’s getting better.

Here are some pics from the last few days, thumb

http://www.tawakoniguideservice.com/photos.html
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum