Texas Fishing Forum

Gills for my 4yr old...

Posted By: Bigguy1

Gills for my 4yr old... - 09/09/17 03:01 AM

I just moved South from the rockies to the Lake Conroe area and looking for a place to catch numbers of smaller fish such as bluegill (or cats, anything that bites his hook) for my 4 year old...any places you are willing to share? I do have a boat. Thank you very much in advance.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Gills for my 4yr old... - 09/09/17 04:35 AM

Lake Conroe is a pretty good sunfish lake. You may need to see what lakes are open in the Houston area. They really got hammered during Hurricane Harvey. I would check google to see what water bodies would be in your area. Worms on a size six hook work the best for sunfish. Just about any fish will take a worm. Right now sunfish are very active looking for food before the winter sets in. Fish are staging in water 10 to 16 feet deep in lakes and rivers. Look for brush piles,docks,and drop offs. Overhanging tree limbs are also holding some nice fish. You will never go wrong taking your son fishing. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Gills for my 4yr old... - 09/09/17 01:55 PM

I would try to find a pond (community lake) in the area where I live. They usually hold a lot of sunfish and are fairly easy to catch. Every body of water has a population of sunfish. Winter is the only slow time during the year to catch them. Spring,summer,and fall are great months for catching sunfish. Overhanging tree limbs,drop offs,brush piles,and docks are great places to find them. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Gills for my 4yr old... - 09/09/17 02:25 PM

I do not target sunfish but reading all the post here I would use worms as the bait! Always love post that involve kids and fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum