Texas Fishing Forum

Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ?

Posted By: SenkoSam

Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ? - 09/02/17 11:20 AM

Earlier this year I decided to give a straight double tail Crappie Magnet a try rigged on a 1/16 oz ball head jig. It caught four fish species - perch, sunfish, bass and crappie. I don't know where I got the sample from but someone must have given me one. I rigged it on a 1/16 oz jighead but found recently that 1/32 oz is needed for a slower retrieve when needed. Pretty much every color works.I also reduce the length by cutting off one segment and using the jig with a #6 or #8 hook.

Another was a Strike King Joker with one tail of three cut off and one body segment cut shorter; same jigheads and also a 1/24 oz jig:

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ? - 09/02/17 12:02 PM

I have used the Crappie Magnets a lot for targeting Crappie. Have always gotten super results using them. Every now and then I would catch a nice size bass, Bluegill, Redear,and catfish using them. 1/16 oz ball head jig. Chartreuse/Pink are best colors for me and have gotten the best results. hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ? - 09/02/17 01:23 PM

I have used the crappie magnets with good results. Great go to bait for crappie.
Posted By: Techno2000

Re: Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ? - 09/02/17 09:59 PM

Just got some Panfish magnets that came in today, these are way smaller than the crappie magnets and they have a longer hook.Technically they should work better, I will be using them with a BB split shot for cast and retrieve on 3 pound Sufix NanoBraid .
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ? - 09/03/17 01:05 PM

How do they differ from Trout Magnets by Leland.

Usually when I want to downsize, I cut off one front segment of the lure and use a smaller jig hook. I've even used a 1/32 oz jig with #8 hook and been able to set the hook with no problem. Up here in the northeast, the water temperature drop and unstable weather patterns along with water algae dying, has put fish off from holding on to normal size Crappie Magnets. Downsize and no problem - and that included removing one tail from the Joker tri-leg lure.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ? - 09/03/17 01:05 PM

Use them a lot with some GREAT results. Great crappie bait. As already stated other fish like em also. woot
Posted By: Techno2000

Re: Leland Crappie Magnet or Joker grubs - anyone use them ? - 09/03/17 06:52 PM

I never use the trout magnets because the stores around here would only sell crappie plastic.These are about half the girth and a little shorter and the longer hook will be great for short strikers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum