Texas Fishing Forum

Old Cane Pole!

Posted By: WillieRip

Old Cane Pole! - 08/11/17 11:05 PM

Any of you fellas still fish with cane poles? These telescoping poles seem to be all the crazy now. They do offer some advantages. In fact I'd like to try catfishing with cane pole much the same way I fish for catfish with jugs.

Posted By: psalty

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 01:16 AM

Superfine Willie- great instructional for newbies and reminders for us ol' folk. Sure brings back 60 yr. old memories of me using cane pole on the canal behind my Pop Pop's house in Sarasota, Fla. Will check out your other video's. Thanks again. popcorn
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 01:29 AM

Awesome video as always. cheers

Side Note: Watched you using your cane pole on your cane pole fishing video on your You Tube Channel! Good job. thumb
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 08:30 AM

hehe! Need to go find a patch of cane and make some.
Posted By: boocat

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 10:12 AM

I remember we had some when I was a kid 60's
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 12:27 PM

Good stuff. woot
Posted By: Flags

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 01:26 PM

I'll bet that would be deadly under the docks on Lake Athens! Food for thought but I don't know if I could handle a 16 ft rig out of a tube.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 01:35 PM

Brings back memories. Enjoyed the video.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/12/17 06:40 PM

Hey Willie !

Check out Tenkara fishing. I know you like fishing for bluegill. Tenkara is the ticket for the magic of back to basics fishing.
Posted By: Fishmeister54

Re: Old Cane Pole! - 08/25/17 09:33 PM

Willie, I've been looking for a good telescoping pole to horse big gill out of the weeds. Where can I get one like the one you have there? What is the brand name?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum