Texas Fishing Forum

I Like Fishing

Posted By: Dfitz

I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 02:42 AM

I know this because I spent the evening walking a city creek targeting the great Green. Greens rule this part of the creek. I would find a pair, catch them, then move on down stream. The smaller of the pair was usually caught first. An overlooked fishery, but if you appreciate being outdoors, appreciate their good looks, and appreciate the nasty attitude sunfish have, it's a fun way to spend time.

Walked up on a dozen clean gravel craters and caught a bunch of Longear, they never disappoint
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 03:04 AM

Can't think of any better way of spending an evening! Nice post Andrew! thumb

Side Note: Sunfish are very aggressive fish for sure and they do have one nasty attitude! taz

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 03:15 AM

Thanks Chuck -- Is it Fall yet, I'm ready to chase after some records with you. cheers

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 03:18 AM

You need to get here now! Me and Will 1960 Texan had a record round up! I will be posting a story soon! thumb
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 03:26 AM

Nice posts and beautiful pics. I love how colorful green sunfish and longears are.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 01:47 PM

Great way to express the sport! Nice post.
Posted By: RWCAT

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 01:50 PM

thumb
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/10/17 02:50 PM

Greenies are one of my favorites but those Longears are just ridiculously beautiful fish. Looks like a great afternoon.
Posted By: gander

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/11/17 04:31 PM

Nice post with great pics....that is how I was introduced to fishing as a kid growing up in Dallas...Oak Cliff area to be exact...creeks were close by and we spent many hours stalking our prey...great times...Am hoping I can get reacquainted with small water fishing when I get down to the Kerrville area in the next year or so..

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/11/17 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: gander
Nice post with great pics....that is how I was introduced to fishing as a kid growing up in Dallas...Oak Cliff area to be exact...creeks were close by and we spent many hours stalking our prey...great times...Am hoping I can get reacquainted with small water fishing when I get down to the Kerrville area in the next year or so..

Lot's of very nice places to fish in Kerrville and the surrounding area! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/12/17 12:36 PM

Nice post Andrew. I love the simple style of fishing for the sunnies. woot

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/15/17 12:36 AM

Thanks everyone.

Gitter- I'm glad you said that, exactly what I was trying to do.
Posted By: jagg

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/15/17 08:00 PM

Great post, Fitz! Just got of the river yesterday and saw quite a few longears on their shallow gravel bar beds. Wife was after bigger game so we let them be, but next time!
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/16/17 01:04 PM

Enjoyed the posts and the pictures. I always like the colors on those sun fish, they are beautiful.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/16/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Fitz®
Thanks everyone.

Gitter- I'm glad you said that, exactly what I was trying to do.

thumb

Re: I Like Fishing - 08/24/17 10:31 AM

Thanks Jagg & etexbasser
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum