Texas Fishing Forum

Son and I

Posted By: jagg

Son and I - 07/27/17 10:20 PM

Son and I went out on one of the ponds we used to frequent, but this time on the new yak. Caught a handful of bluegills in about an hour before the sun went down. Good times!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Son and I - 07/27/17 10:24 PM

It just don't get any better! Lifetime Memories that are PRICELESS! bow_down

Side Note: Those are some nice Bluegill! thumb
Posted By: psalty

Re: Son and I - 07/27/17 11:12 PM

Those pics are great and in a short time looking back-priceless.
Doe's me good knowing that the young'uns can still have fun with Dad on the water and especially in a yak.
Well Done Dad and thanks for sharing.

Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Son and I - 07/28/17 03:17 AM

Every day we're building memories for someone. Someday your son is going to look back fondly on fishing with the old man. thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Son and I - 07/28/17 01:10 PM

Great stuff Jagg. No doubt that spending a day on the yak was a great new adventure for y'all. Now y'all can reach new areas with big fish and few people.

Did you buy that young man a fly rod yet?
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Son and I - 07/28/17 05:17 PM

Thats awesome Jagg. Some of my early memories are of me and my Stepdad fishing. I was hooked on fishing from the start. It's a great way to see the world and appreciate nature. smile
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Son and I - 07/28/17 07:17 PM

Totally AWESOME.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Son and I - 07/28/17 08:34 PM

When in doubt, take a kid fishing!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Son and I - 07/29/17 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Totally AWESOME.

Plus 1. Good job Dad. You will never go wrong taking your son fishing. woot
Posted By: jagg

Re: Son and I - 07/30/17 07:00 AM

I appreciate it yall. Next step is to get his younger sister on the yak with us. Tight fit but it's a Frontier 12 so at least I don't have to worry about the weight. Gonna try to hit this next full moon with them.
Originally Posted By: J-Moe
Great stuff Jagg. No doubt that spending a day on the yak was a great new adventure for y'all. Now y'all can reach new areas with big fish and few people.

Not yet, J-Moe. He's really into super small, super light spinning gear right now. Anything bigger than his old school BPS 5' UL glass rod is too much for him, but I have a feeling he may change his tune since I was easily reaching fish he was struggling to reach. Give him credit though. When I offered him my rod to make things a little easier, he said, "no thanks" and kept plugging on. Stubborn like his momma. peep
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Son and I - 08/01/17 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: jagg
I appreciate it yall. Next step is to get his younger sister on the yak with us. Tight fit but it's a Frontier 12 so at least I don't have to worry about the weight. Gonna try to hit this next full moon with them.
Originally Posted By: J-Moe

Not yet, J-Moe. He's really into super small, super light spinning gear right now. Anything bigger than his old school BPS 5' UL glass rod is too much for him, but I have a feeling he may change his tune since I was easily reaching fish he was struggling to reach. Give him credit though. When I offered him my rod to make things a little easier, he said, "no thanks" and kept plugging on. Stubborn like his momma. peep

roflmao Yah, like his Mom
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum