Texas Fishing Forum

Banker

Posted By: eyeball

Banker - 06/15/17 11:43 PM

Do you ever find active gills or redbreasts on beds in the new moon phase, please.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Banker - 06/16/17 04:18 AM

Depends on the time of year. During spring and summer yes. Sometimes but rarely I have seen sunfish on nest during a new moon in early fall. thumb

Side Note: Any other anglers who keep up with new moon cycles feel free to add on! Interesting topic! cheers
Posted By: jagg

Re: Banker - 06/16/17 07:20 AM

I've seen this more when conditions like rising water and flooding have put the brakes on spawning activity for a prolonged time duri the summer. Moonlight helps to see a potential predator or nest robber coming.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Banker - 06/17/17 04:17 PM

I have not fished at night in awhile but when I did I nailed lots of white bass during a full moon. Also caught a lot of Crappie.

Side note. Big believer in following the moon cycle.
Posted By: eyeball

Re: Banker - 06/19/17 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
I have not fished at night in awhile but when I did I nailed lots of white bass during a full moon. Also caught a lot of Crappie.

Side note. Big believer in following the moon cycle.

Were you fishing under lights on full moon nights, or trolling or casting for whites?
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Banker - 06/19/17 02:08 PM

I fish the moon cycles a lot not so much during the night. I do great on the full moon cycle and good on the new moon cycle. To me fish seem to bite better from the start of the full moon cycle to the end of the new moon cycle. Just my two cents. 2cents

Side note: During full moon cycle at night especially during spring and summer the Bluegill bite has been always good. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum