Texas Fishing Forum

The Peaceful Guadalupe River!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 12:52 AM

Fished the Guadalupe River this morning and boy was it "PEACEFUL"! You can tell that school is back in session. (No Tubers). Had a part of the river all to myself with the exception of a fly angler who was enjoying the river along with a fine cigar! I fished from 9:30am till 12:30pm and the bite was good. Caught a mess of fat Hybrids (Sunfish) in the 8" range,Bluegill in 7 to 8" range,some small Longear,and several small bass rounded out the catch. Fish were holding close to the bank next to overhanging tree limbs. Fish were caught using worms and were in shallow water 1 to 3 feet deep. The water was clear with a strong current. Finished the day with a stop on Lake Dunlap where I picked up a couple more fat Bluegill in the 8" range and some nice Redear in 8" range.The fish on Dunlap were caught on worms using a bottom technique. Fish were released to fight again. A peaceful day on the Guadalupe River. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: dafanman

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 12:55 AM

banana thumb banana

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 12:58 AM

Thanks Robert for the reply! cheers If you would have been with me I would have stopped at the Union Street Station for an afternoon breakfast. food

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 01:00 AM

I wish I had been grin

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: dafanman
I wish I had been grin

Phone call away! You still busy with windows 10? hmmm

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 01:03 AM

Not so much anymore, just dont have any transportation.........stuck here at the house
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 01:03 AM

Thats some sexy looking water

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 01:05 AM

Thanks Andrew for the reply! Yes Sir the Guadalupe River is one "SEXY" river! breakdance Robert: I will give you a call! thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 01:52 AM

Another great post Chuck. I really do enjoy seeing these great places you fish. I need to take more pictures of the scenery.
Posted By: Baffinboy

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 02:18 AM

School and dove season usually free up all waters !

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 02:19 AM

Thanks Jamie for the reply. cheers This area is less than a mile from where you caught your record flyrod Redbreast. coolio
Posted By: jagg

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 07:51 AM

Wet wading the Guad and other rivers, creeks and streams in CenTex and SouthTex is one of the things that I miss most about fishing around SA.

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/26/15 11:59 AM

Thanks "Jagg" for the reply. cheers Yes Sir the Guadalupe is one GREAT wading river to fish. thumb
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/27/15 10:45 AM

I actually saw you and the fly guy down there fishing. I was fishing upstream from the bridge and was walking back to my truck when the other fly fisherman was heading down to the water. I should have walked over and said hello but didnt know it was you!

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/30/15 06:09 PM

Thanks "Hunter498" for the reply. cheers Yes Sir I would have loved to have shaken your hand. There is always a next time. thumb Would love to exchange some good fishing stories with you. fish
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 08/30/15 06:56 PM

nice job
so do they hide downstream behind the branches?

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 09/05/15 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: butch sanders
nice job
so do they hide downstream behind the branches?

Thanks for the reply! cheers Yes sir I was catching a bunch next to trees close to the bank! thumb They are waiting to ambush anything good to eat that is coming down that current! hooked
Posted By: Cowboytx0614

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 09/10/15 05:36 PM

Always enjoy your posts.. I fish alot of the same areas around the Hill Country that you like. Usually I have my fly rod with me but every now and again I have to break out my ultralight with gulp minnows to get the better bites. Keep the posts coming, when I cant fish at least i get to see awesome pics of someone else enjoying what I love to do!

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 09/13/15 10:29 AM

Thanks "Cowboytx0614" for the reply. cheers Yes Sir we are very blessed to have some very nice fishing spots in our area. Can not think of anything better to do than spending time FISHING! fish
Posted By: Peytonator

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 09/13/15 10:59 PM

Looks like a little slice of paradise!

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 09/20/15 07:04 PM

Thanks Peyton for the reply. cheers Yes Sir the Guadalupe is one slice of paradise for sure! fish
Posted By: Laker One

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 09/23/15 01:17 PM

Best fishing River in Texas! Will be fishing the east side this week. Also Mcqueeney is picking up. Caught some nice Bluegill in one of the coves. Fish were in 8 feet of water by tree overhangs.

Side Note: Any updated Crappie Reports? noidea

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 09/27/15 10:11 AM

Thanks Curtis. cheers No current Crappie Reports. Have a couple of friends who will be hitting the Crappie trail soon. thumb

Photo Replacement. Image Shack Web site went down and all photos were removed. Here is one for the story.

Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 10/01/15 12:26 PM

Wow hate learning you lost your forum pictures. At least you still have your personal ones. Awesome post. That river has been one great fishery for you and your friends.

Side Note: Love that replacement picture.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 10/02/15 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis. cheers No current Crappie Reports. Have a couple of friends who will be hitting the Crappie trail soon. thumb

Photo Replacement. Image Shack Web site went down and all photos were removed. Here is one for the story.

The Guadalupe is so unique. I've only been fishing there once, but as soon as I saw the picture I knew it was the Guadalupe. A true gem among all the great central Texas rivers and creeks.

Great picture, as always thumb

Re: The Peaceful Guadalupe River! - 10/06/15 11:31 AM

Thanks Jamie for the reply. cheers Yes Sir the Guadalupe is one GREAT river! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum