Texas Fishing Forum

Great Day Fishing Dunlap!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/17/15 04:39 AM

What type of day is it when you catch a few nice Bluegill,some nice Redear,and a bunch of very nice Crappie? It's a GREAT DAY! Myself and Mike "USMC-GY" fished Lake Dunlap this morning and the bite started out very slow. After an hour we only had a couple of Bluegill and a 15 inch Channel Cat. The bite then picked up and we finished the morning by catching a bunch of Crappie,Bluegill,and a few more nice Redear. We also caught a five pound Carp (See story in Carp Section). We fished from 10am till 2pm. Fish were holding by docks in 8 to 10 feet of water. Fish were caught using worms and jigs. Bottom techniques were used. We kept a bunch for the dinner table. The water was stained with a good current. A great day on Lake Dunlap. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/17/15 07:03 AM

Well played Chuck and Mike! You guys did it again. Now for a fish fry. food

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/17/15 12:47 PM

Thanks CK for the reply. Fish fry coming soon. thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/17/15 02:52 PM

The dynamic duo strikes again! WTG banana

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/17/15 05:50 PM

Thanks Andrew for the reply. cheers
Posted By: Wadefishing

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/17/15 06:59 PM

Nice fish guys! Good job as always.food

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/17/15 08:06 PM

Thanks Wade for the reply! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/22/15 10:06 PM

Awesome fish guys! I need to start rigging for the Gills. Been having to much fun catching Crappie. woot

Side Note: Chuck. Have you fished for Gills on Mcqueeney this year? If so how did you do and any updated info such as depth and types of area?
Posted By: AF_Chief

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/23/15 02:47 AM

Congrats!!!

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/25/15 05:10 AM

Thanks Curtis and "AF_Chief" for the replies. cheers Curtis: I have fished Mcqueeney a couple of times this year but it has been for Crappie. eeks I have not fished for the Gills yet. hmmm Plan on hitting Mcqueeney soon. coolio

Side Note: Did not do all that well on the Crappie! bang I know you and Jeff had a pretty good winter on Mcqueeney chasing those Crappie. thumb
Posted By: Olhipi

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/26/15 12:42 PM

You just get Ready!,,

Landry and Myself are Coming to Break Your Records .Bring Your scales Sucker..........

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/26/15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Olhipi
You just get Ready!,,

Landry and Myself are Coming to Break Your Records .Bring Your scales Sucker..........

Yes Sir! Looking forward to next week! cheers Spoke with Bob yesterday. Very good chance that Mike and Fred "Rionator" can make it. coolio Also I have plenty of fillets. thumb

As for the records! It would be "AWESOME" for either you or Bob to nail one or two of em. clap
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 04/30/15 03:22 PM

You guys got that lake dialed in. Great job catching some very nice fish.

Side Note: Any current reports after all this rain fall?

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 05/03/15 12:19 PM

Thanks "Gitter for the reply. cheers Dunlap got about 5" of rain according to friends of mine who live on the lake. coolio
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 05/05/15 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis and "AF_Chief" for the replies. cheers Curtis: I have fished Mcqueeney a couple of times this year but it has been for Crappie. eeks I have not fished for the Gills yet. hmmm Plan on hitting Mcqueeney soon. coolio

Side Note: Did not do all that well on the Crappie! bang I know you and Jeff had a pretty good winter on Mcqueeney chasing those Crappie. thumb

We actually had a nice winter for Crappie on Mcqueeney. Hope to be fishing a lot more. woot

Thanks for the information.

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 05/08/15 05:16 AM

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 05/11/15 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks "Gitter for the reply. cheers Dunlap got about 5" of rain according to friends of mine who live on the lake. coolio

Looks like another 3 to 5 inches of rain is on the way this week.

Re: Great Day Fishing Dunlap! - 05/15/15 05:10 AM

Got three inches! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum