Texas Fishing Forum

Cresent bend

Posted By: jeffnsa

Cresent bend - 02/23/15 04:36 PM

I finally had a chance to go out there yesterday with my daughter before the front arrived and catching them was no problem. we were only there for just over a hour but we couldn't throw a line out without a fish jumping on it. The gills colors were absolutely beautiful and they were fat and strong.
Posted By: metalmike

Re: Cresent bend - 02/23/15 05:05 PM

Nice...cant wait until the creek heats up down this way.(towards the middle or tailend of march)
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cresent bend - 02/23/15 05:15 PM

Thanks for the report Jeff. thumb Looks like this upcoming spring and summer are going to be pretty good. fish

Re: Cresent bend - 02/23/15 05:42 PM

Have you fished your property? If so how is the water condition of the creek and how was the bite? noidea
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Cresent bend - 02/23/15 06:58 PM

Wonder what the bite would be like now since all the cold air has filtered in. As already stated looks like a good spring and summer are in store.
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: Cresent bend - 02/24/15 03:19 PM

I went out there for a little bit but nothing was biting. I believe the water is still to cold there since the is so little current moving the water for oxygen exchange. The water is up for right now and the spring should be awsome. Just remember to use tortillas out there to catch everything including some gills, but mainly for the carp, and catfish.

Re: Cresent bend - 02/24/15 03:22 PM

Thanks Jeff for the update. thumb I have not fished the Cibolo yet this year but plan on fishing it a few times once Spring comes in. Love catching those spring time Longear! cheers
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: Cresent bend - 02/24/15 09:44 PM

I love it when the bite is on fire like that. Way to go! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cresent bend - 03/03/15 06:05 AM

Going to fish the CB more this year. Plan on catching some spring time Longear! Thanks Jeff for the report. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum